2023 Off-Season Thread: Lillard traded to Bucks!!! Jrue rerouted to Celtics!

11sanchez11

Just now, Troy Brown said:

I mean feel free to look them up

I have. Have you?

60% of his shots come outside of 10 ft.

Up until an outlier 2023 season he was a career 37.2% shooter from 3-10 feet.

He's always been super low volume on 0-3 feet with last year being near a career low.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

I have. Have you?

He's always been super low volume on 0-3 feet with last year being near a career low.

ah ok the argument you're making is that 2023 was an outlier. 

sure, agreed, before 2023, he was not a good post scorer. in 2023, he was. whatever weight you put on those stats is up to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

ah ok the argument you're making is that 2023 was an outlier. 

sure, agreed, before 2023, he was not a good post scorer. in 2023, he was. whatever weight you put on those stats is up to you.

I've watched a ton of the guy. Regardless of whether you agree last season was an outlier or not, he is not someone who is going to get you many points in the low post unless he's on the receiving end of a cut. It's not that he isn't skilled enough to do it, it's that he can't ever get good position. He gets bodied by guys half a foot shorter than him and can't back them down. Is he a better finisher with better touch than Williams/Horford? Yeah. But he's also not going to get position like they do either. 

The minimal difference in post scoring isn't going to change much for the Celtics. It'll be his range, ability to move without the ball, be another dangerous scorer who isn't ball dominant, and defensive versatility that make him valuable. Focusing on his post play makes no sense when his strengths lie elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, Mox said:

I have. Have you?

He scored the 4th most points per gm from postups last year and was the most efficient post scorer in the entire NBA. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He scored the 4th most points per gm from postups last year and was the most efficient post scorer in the entire NBA. 

Neither of those things are true. Actually, I take that back the PPG one is.

Edited by Mox

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

So you think Synergy just got those ones wrong?

I mean the second one is factually wrong. I'll give you one guess who the actual most efficient post player was in the NBA last season.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

I mean the second one is factually wrong. I'll give you one guess who the actual most efficient post player was in the NBA last season.

Jokic was when including team offense. When you only account for what happens when that players shoots the ball it was Zinger. Which is why I said post scorer. Denver's offense was more efficient when Jokic posted up than WAS' was when Zinger posted up. Zinger was still 2nd in that category among qualifiers tho.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Jokic was when including team offense. When you only account for what happens when that players shoots the ball it was Zinger. Which is why I said post scorer. Denver's offense was more efficient when Jokic posted up than WAS' was when Zinger posted up. Zinger was still 2nd in that category among qualifiers tho.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure NBA.com does not use offense in general for PPP, only scoring. Jokic averaged 1.22 ppp in the post last season. He was first in efficiency and volume. KP was at an insane 1.18. In no other year of his career has he been above 1.0 or within 9% FG of what he shot 3-10 ft last year.

28 minutes ago, Mox said:

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure NBA.com does not use offense in general for PPP, only scoring. Jokic averaged 1.22 ppp in the post last season. He was first in efficiency and volume. KP was at an insane 1.18. In no other year of his career has he been above 1.0 or within 9% FG of what he shot 3-10 ft last year.

this is why i hate the internet

bro had a great year. can he do it again? idk we'll see