Bright (Netflix, Dec 22nd)

rob_shadows

It looks completely, irrevocably and laughably bad.  I remember when the screenwriter commented on writing this and he sounded so pretentious and egotistical over such a bad concept, and then there was an excerpt of the script and the excerpt made him look even more pretentious and egotistical.  The only way I'll watch this is if it somehow gets a 6.5 or higher IMDB rating, but the trailer made it look so bad I'd be surprised if it peaks at 7.0, much less stays above a 6 for long.  I could certainly be wrong because Netflix really impressed me with both Gerald's Game and What Happened to Monday, but this looks really, rully, really bad. 

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It looks completely, irrevocably and laughably bad.  I remember when the screenwriter commented on writing this and he sounded so pretentious and egotistical over such a bad concept, and then there was an excerpt of the script and the excerpt made him look even more pretentious and egotistical.  The only way I'll watch this is if it somehow gets a 6.5 or higher IMDB rating, but the trailer made it look so bad I'd be surprised if it peaks at 7.0, much less stays above a 6 for long.  I could certainly be wrong because Netflix really impressed me with both Gerald's Game and What Happened to Monday, but this looks really, rully, really bad. 

Pretty sure Ayers rewrote the script anyway...not saying that necessarily means it'll be any better but either way they didn't stick with the original script.

Been looking forward to this for a while.

i used to play some Shadowrun when I was a kid, and have played a couple shadowrun PC games. So I have been a fan for a long time and this kinda reminds me of shadowrun. Well... sorta. But yeah, I will watch it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 8:27 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Currently at a 6.6.

Just realized we had a thread for this. I know a couple guys were discussing this in the what movie are you watching thread.

Netflix already has a sequel on the way also. Curious if David Ayer will be back to direct.

Based on some things I've seen, it looks like this movie is one of those okay movies that you either like or don't like, but it's not terrible and it's not good either way.  Kinda like a Waterworld type thing where people will acknowledge it's a bad movie, but enjoyable.  Is that accurate? 

I'll probably watch it over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Based on some things I've seen, it looks like this movie is one of those okay movies that you either like or don't like, but it's not terrible and it's not good either way.  Kinda like a Waterworld type thing where people will acknowledge it's a bad movie, but enjoyable.  Is that accurate? 

I'll probably watch it over the weekend. 

You nailed it!

On 12/4/2017 at 8:27 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Bright right now is at a 6.6 for IMBD  

Gerald’s game wasn’t very. Watched it cause you mentioned. Didn’t like it at all. About to start What happened to Monday. Hope it’s better. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Gerald’s game wasn’t very. Watched it cause you mentioned. Didn’t like it at all. About to start What happened to Monday. Hope it’s better. 

I forget what I said about Gerald's Game.  I thought it was impressive based on what it was versus what the concept was.  I had no expectations going in though.  I legitimately think What Happened to Monday was a solid movie no matter the expectations. 

52 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I forget what I said about Gerald's Game.  I thought it was impressive based on what it was versus what the concept was.  I had no expectations going in though.  I legitimately think What Happened to Monday was a solid movie no matter the expectations. 

I usually get my hopes up when I see a King book/concept get turned into a movie. So I was disappointed in the movie. I watched the movie 1922, another King book/concept and I thought it was pretty bad. 

What happen to Monday was better than Gerald's game. 

Archived