Bright (Netflix, Dec 22nd)

rob_shadows

55 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It was fine. Definitely could've used more explanation.

I think they didnt explain a lot of the background information because they wanted to save it up for a sequal. I heard they order for the sequal has already been ordered.

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think they didnt explain a lot of the background information because they wanted to save it up for a sequal. I heard they order for the sequal has already been ordered.

I wonder how that will work now that Max has been accused of sexual assault. It's all his original content...though maybe he just sold all of the rights for that 3 million.

I actually like Max Landis's writing so I gave this a shot.

It is a mess...it's fun to watch but it is badly written but pretty funny and has some pretty bad supporting characters.

Would watch the sequel but only if it has some solid improvements.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:28 PM, Bullet Club said:

I wonder how that will work now that Max has been accused of sexual assault. It's all his original content...though maybe he just sold all of the rights for that 3 million.

I'd imagine netflix has rights for the sequel since they greenlit it so quickly afterward I doubt Max returns to the project given the assault accusations but who knows.

I found it entertaining. The plot was a complete training day ripoff though. Even down to the Orc that Jakoby saved being the son of the head Orc dude. Exactly the same scenario with Ethan Hawke saving the dudes niece in training day. It wasn't mind blowing or anything but I enjoyed it. Sequel should be pretty cool I hope it happens.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:42 PM, OleXmad said:

I actually like Max Landis's writing so I gave this a shot.

It is a mess...it's fun to watch but it is badly written but pretty funny and has some pretty bad supporting characters.

Would watch the sequel but only if it has some solid improvements.

I'd imagine netflix has rights for the sequel since they greenlit it so quickly afterward I doubt Max returns to the project given the assault accusations but who knows.

Agree on the supporting characters part... Outside of the two main characters there wasn't a single person in the movie I cared about.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:25 PM, Non-Issue said:

Been looking forward to this for a while.

i used to play some Shadowrun when I was a kid, and have played a couple shadowrun PC games. So I have been a fan for a long time and this kinda reminds me of shadowrun. Well... sorta. But yeah, I will watch it.

Yeah, and shadowrun books as well.

Specifically where a dude wakes up as an orc. 

Someone should take the Shadowrun world to Netflix

I enjoyed it, but that doesnt mean it was a great movie. The dialogue was hilariously bad at times, and it really needed some setup for the world other than some graffiti during the opening credits, but it was still a petty descent story. A sequel is definitely needed, and knowing Netflix, its probably already in preproduction for Christmas 2019.

I saw it over the weekend. It was okay, nothing special, but certainly not worth the critical lashing it's been receiving. I enjoyed for the most part, so in that sense I think Netflix accomplished their goal. This definitely was not the worst movie of 2017. That's not to say there aren't clear issues with dialogue, story and cheesiness, but no worse than your typical run of the mill fantasy blockbuster.

Wasn't great, dialogue and how overdone the trope leaning was pretty laughable

....but i didn't hate it. 

I think they just got a little lazy with the world building and story...wanted to know more about the earth this existed on

57 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Wasn't a bad movie, but I agree with everyone that they could've built the world up  better.

That’s what I think the sequel will be about. They all left us wanting to know more about it, so hopefully we get it in the 2nd movie brighter, better be a 3rd and call it brightest 

Archived