Jets to be featured on Hard Knocks

Acgott

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you want to watch a football series that's not just gonna be a million hours of Aaron Rodgers meditating and being insufferable, watch Quarterback on Netflix. Tremendous series and the Kirk Cousins journey is truly amazing.

Ah yes. The show about NFL greats like Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins, and Marcus Mariota.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ah yes. The show about NFL greats like Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins, and Marcus Mariota.

I'm convinced they wanted a legit star, a fringe guy and a low level guy just to show the contrast between them all. Mariota's section is by far the most boring but I think it's 99% because the guy has the personality of a rock.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm convinced they wanted a legit star, a fringe guy and a low level guy just to show the contrast between them all. Mariota's section is by far the most boring but I think it's 99% because the guy has the personality of a rock.

probably moreso because they couldn't afford another high caliber player, i'd imagine. Mahomes probably made double what Cousins made from agreeing to appear on the show. While Mariota probably cost pennies (if they even paid him at all - he probably really wanted the exposure), haha.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

probably moreso because they couldn't afford another high caliber player, i'd imagine. Mahomes probably made double what Cousins made from agreeing to appear on the show. While Mariota probably cost pennies (if they even paid him at all - he probably really wanted the exposure), haha.

And strangely enough, I hated the Mahomes parts the most. Him and Brittany are insufferable. I did appreciate all the training he goes through, but his personality blows. Kirk Cousins literally stole the show because of how actually genuine he and his wife are, while Mahomes and Brittany are just...superficial.

At least with Mariota even though his personality is drier than the Sahara, he and his wife are genuine and it was interesting to see how his time on the Falcons went until he quit on the team after getting benched.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I assumed this from the beginning. Literally just looking at the cover.

Patrick Mahomes is tier-1, class A, Super Bowl Champ and MVP in his prime with the potential to be GOAT.

Kirk Cousins has spent a decade in the league, and has gone from late rounder to backup to starter to one of the most coveted FA QBs of all time, and then crashing back down to Earth as more of a good-not-great guy. Consistently in the 8 to 12 range talent-wise. Epitome of borderline franchise QB.

Marcus Mariota is a likeable QB that once had a ton of promise. Didn't fail in the NFL due to lack of work ethic and is a beloved teammate everywhere he's been. Just the type of QB where if he's your backup great, if he's your starter you're not gonna do too hot.

It's an excellent choice of QBs to cover for difference in storyline and contrast in approach. If it was Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow each moment wouldn't have the same kind of pop.

The NFL isn't a story of just the top guys. It's the highs and the lows, the wins and the losses, the Watts and the Watsons, the stars and camp bodies all together in some kind of glorious, ACL-deprived soup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And strangely enough, I hated the Mahomes parts the most. Him and Brittany are insufferable

The dude puts ketchup on his steak and is brothers with Jackson. What were you expecting?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you want to watch a football series that's not just gonna be a million hours of Aaron Rodgers meditating and being insufferable, watch Quarterback on Netflix. Tremendous series and the Kirk Cousins journey is truly amazing.

Thanks for that. Just watched the 1st episode and as a Raider fan I was happy to see Crosby being old school on Patty Melt. Unfortunately good ol Patty Melt wiped the floor with our team but still good to know that at least Crosby played hard last season. 

Ayahuasca Rodgers would be fun to watch but the only season I watched was when AB did the Raiders dirty. I think we've been cursed since trading Gruden to the Bucs so long ago. 

• Like 1