We’re Going to the Playoffs

MKnight82

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I just thought it was kind of shocking how close all of the records for all of them were 3 years in. Of all of those coaches I think Gruden came into the easiest situation with both RG3 and Cousins already on the roster. He also had some quality WRs already there. Rivera and Shanahan both had full rebuilds in front of them but Rivera probably inherited more talent on the roster than Shanahan did. Gibbs inherited some decent players but imo did the best job of acquiring new talent, he just couldn't figure out QB. 

Imagine if Ron or Joe had Kirk. Would be a whole different ball game. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Imagine if Ron or Joe had Kirk. Would be a whole different ball game. 

Would it for Ron? He had Cam the majority of his time in Carolina and still produced three winning seasons. It’s not like he was trotting John Beck out there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Would it for Ron? He had Cam the majority of his time in Carolina and still produced three winning seasons. It’s not like he was trotting John Beck out there. 

Yes, Kirk would have been better and led to some better results than one-legged Alex, not ready for the NFL Dwayne, way past his "prime" Fitz, and whatever Carson Wentz now is. I have to imagine he would at least match what Taylor did and some. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes, Kirk would have been better and led to some better results than one-legged Alex, not ready for the NFL Dwayne, way past his "prime" Fitz, and whatever Carson Wentz now is. I have to imagine he would at least match what Taylor did and some. 

That’s fair. 

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Kirk is also a much better pure passed than Cam ever was. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I'd rather have Sam Howell.

I'd rather have a winner, than a guy who can pad stats.

I like Howell too, but slow down. He's only played one game. 

And here's where I insert the point that W/L are really team stats, not individual ones

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 3:49 PM, MKnight82 said:

I just thought it was kind of shocking how close all of the records for all of them were 3 years in. Of all of those coaches I think Gruden came into the easiest situation with both RG3 and Cousins already on the roster. He also had some quality WRs already there. Rivera and Shanahan both had full rebuilds in front of them but Rivera probably inherited more talent on the roster than Shanahan did. Gibbs inherited some decent players but imo did the best job of acquiring new talent, he just couldn't figure out QB. 

Now wait a second. Jay Gruden inherited a 3-13 team just like Rivera did. Jay may have inherited Kirk, Garcon & Jordan Reed but in 2014 they signed DJax and it was Jay & McVay who developed Kirk in 2014 & 2015. 

What messed up Jay was the same thing that derailed Shanahan or at least in some ways, neither had the defensive talent or coaches to give them a top 15 D. 

So far Rivera has had the opposite problem, Rivera’s bottom 10 offenses have held him back. Hopefully that changes this season. 

On 9/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I'd rather have Sam Howell.

I'd rather have a winner, than a guy who can pad stats.

The Vikings had the worst defense in the NFL last year & despite that Kirk, Jefferson and their offense led them to 13 wins. Kirk didn't pad stats, they needed all of his yards he got and that passing game to keep them competitive bc of their bad D, same when Kirk was in Washington.

Washington hasn't won more than 10 games since 1991, and you're telling me your personal hate for Kirk is so bad that you wouldn't want to win 13 games like he & the Vikings did last year?

Come on man 

On 9/9/2023 at 2:44 PM, turtle28 said:

The Vikings had the worst defense in the NFL last year & despite that Kirk, Jefferson and their offense led them to 13 wins. Kirk didn't pad stats, they needed all of his yards he got and that passing game to keep them competitive bc of their bad D, same when Kirk was in Washington.

Washington hasn't won more than 10 games since 1991, and you're telling me your personal hate for Kirk is so bad that you wouldn't want to win 13 games like he & the Vikings did last year?

Come on man 

I don't hate Kirk Cousins. I just don't want him as my QB.

On 9/10/2023 at 8:40 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I don't hate Kirk Cousins. I just don't want him as my QB.

He's a top 10 ish, QB in the league, definitely top 15. I would've loved to see our current D with Kirk. If we had that, I think we'd be a Super Bowl contender.

We’re winning 7 or 8 games the last 3 years with a bottom 10 offense & a top 10/at times top 5 D.

You put Kirk w/ Terry, Jahan & Samuel and then have a top 10 D instead of a top 5 D bc we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Payne and I think we're a Super Bowl contender. We’d be in the conversation for winning the NFC w/ Phila & San Fran.

Kirk was 70% for 364 yards & 4 TDS - which should have been 5 TDS if Jefferson didn't fumble at the 1 - at Phila on Thursday Night Football in primetime with a backup LT bc Darisaw couldn't finish the game & then a 3rd string LT after Darisaw’s backup was lost for the game & year by injury & you'd rather have an unproven QB like Howell?

Make it make sense bc I can't.

Edited by turtle28

On 9/16/2023 at 12:36 PM, turtle28 said:

He's a top 10 ish, QB in the league, definitely top 15. I would've loved to see our current D with Kirk. If we had that, I think we'd be a Super Bowl contender.

We’re winning 7 or 8 games the last 3 years with a bottom 10 offense & a top 10/at times top 5 D.

You put Kirk w/ Terry, Jahan & Samuel and then have a top 10 D instead of a top 5 D bc we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Payne and I think we're a Super Bowl contender. We’d be in the conversation for winning the NFC w/ Phila & San Fran.

Kirk was 70% for 364 yards & 4 TDS - which should have been 5 TDS if Jefferson didn't fumble at the 1 - at Phila on Thursday Night Football in primetime with a backup LT bc Darisaw couldn't finish the game & then a 3rd string LT after Darisaw’s backup was lost for the game & year by injury & you'd rather have an unproven QB like Howell?

Make it make sense bc I can't.

Turtle...Kirk doesn't win. That's why I don't want him here.

But I do like this young kid Sam Howell. He wins football games.Doesn't choke under pressure. Doesn't let the game get out of hand when making mistakes. He's got moxy...composure.

But turtle, I have no doubt statistically Kirk will have top 5 numbers at the end of the season.

As the Vikings go 7-10

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Turtle...Kirk doesn't win. That's why I don't want him here.

But I do like this young kid Sam Howell. He wins football games.Doesn't choke under pressure. Doesn't let the game get out of hand when making mistakes. He's got moxy...composure.

But turtle, I have no doubt statistically Kirk will have top 5 numbers at the end of the season.

As the Vikings go 7-10

13-4 last year with the worst D in the NFL. Where ya been bro?

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Turtle, I got a question.

Would you trade Sam Howell straight up for Kirk Cousins?

And if so....why?

Yes bc of Kirk’s experience & consistency. As I said before, we have a championship level D, with Kirk we’d have a top 5 passing attack & a better run game than we had with/ him in 2016 & 17 after McCloughan & Gruden stupidly didn't re-sign Alf.

If we had Kirk we’d be a Super Bowl contender, not just hoping to back door our way into the playoffs with basically a rookie QB.

I do love Howell though, I loved him as a prospect and would’ve taken him in R2 of the 2022 draft. I believe in him & his future, I just think if we had retained Kirk most of the fanbase would’ve been talking Super Bowl the last 4 years bc of the way Rivera & JDR have built the D & Kirk would have the passing game humming to go along with a decent run game.

• Like 1