Seahawks extend DE Uchenna Nwosu - 3/$59

chiefs82

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Ton of cheddar for a guy that hasn’t been all that productive in his career, no?

He was last year, 9.5 sacks.

But I see what you mean, Nick Perry suddenly stopped being productive when he got paid after the 2014 season. Plenty of others (that I can't be bothered thinking up ATM) have as well. You can't really combat or prepare for that, though.

Edited by KManX89

20 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

He was last year, 9.5 sacks.

But I see what you mean, Nick Perry suddenly stopped being productive when he got paid after the 2014 season. Plenty of others (that I can't be bothered thinking up ATM) have as well. You can't really combat or prepare for that, though.

I mean, even if he kept up 9.5 sacks/year, is that worth nearly $20M AAV? Still seems high. 

Guarantees aren’t high and it does say “up to”, so his actual cap hits or yearly income are likely lower than that AAV figure. Just seems high at a first glance. Won’t surprise me when the contract details come out and it’s worth much less.

• Like 3

My GF knows Chenna and says he's an amazing human, so for that alone I'm happy for him.

As a player, he's really the only consistent Seahawks edge rusher so I'm happy they locked him down. They need the other young guys who they've sank a lot of draft capital into to actually step up though.