How you feeling about the up coming season?

Kiwibrown

We're not going to be very good. So far all signs point to Kyler being back early October. I'm hoping for maybe a Week 4 return. Our defensive line is probably the worst position group in the league. The offense might be solid, I really like the offensive line group and depth that we have. Receiving group is solid, James Conner is solid, Ertz and McBride should be solid tight ends. Secondary is solid, especially the safeties. I think Marco Wilson and Antonio Hamilton can be a solid corner duo. Linebackers are bleh, but again the DL is horrible. 

I get the feeling that we are getting **** on a little too much by the media. I don't think we are for sure the worst team in the league, thanks to Kyler and the offense. I think our over/under wins 4.5, with a 4th place schedule. Rams x2, Commanders, Giants, Falcons, Texans, Steelers, Bears, are all winnable games. I could see us eclipsing that 4.5 total, but not by much. I'll take 5-12, which should surprise some people. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 3:51 PM, LuckyNumber11 said:

We're not going to be very good. So far all signs point to Kyler being back early October. I'm hoping for maybe a Week 4 return. Our defensive line is probably the worst position group in the league. The offense might be solid, I really like the offensive line group and depth that we have. Receiving group is solid, James Conner is solid, Ertz and McBride should be solid tight ends. Secondary is solid, especially the safeties. I think Marco Wilson and Antonio Hamilton can be a solid corner duo. Linebackers are bleh, but again the DL is horrible. 

I get the feeling that we are getting **** on a little too much by the media. I don't think we are for sure the worst team in the league, thanks to Kyler and the offense. I think our over/under wins 4.5, with a 4th place schedule. Rams x2, Commanders, Giants, Falcons, Texans, Steelers, Bears, are all winnable games. I could see us eclipsing that 4.5 total, but not by much. I'll take 5-12, which should surprise some people. 

I'm thinking 6-11. Still not good, but surprisingly competent every once in a while.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Entering the final week, I think this has been a successful year. About 500 with Kyler as your QB and I think he proved that you shouldn't move off of him. Especially given the WRs he has. We have an emerging star in McBride. I think the OL is honestly one of the better OLs we have had in recent memory. (Not that, that means much) James Conner proved he's worth the extension he got and then some. This bare bones defense has found a couple guys who can be complimentary pieces if we just add a couple of alphas to the room. I don't think we are as far away from being decent as I thought we were at the start of the season. 

Gannon has been great in my opinion. I think I saw a great tweet about it this week with regards to the Eagles staff. It feels like the Eagles lost the brains of the team in Steichen and the heart of the team in Gannon. This team fights like crazy for him. Rallis I'll put a TBD grade on. I'd like him to be more aggressive, but there's so little talent on that side of the ball. Would love to shell out some money for Jaylon Johnson this offseason, feels like a perfect fit. Petzing's playcalling has been a bit inconsistent. I'd like more Kyler under center, but that also could just come with more familiarity.

Its hard to call a 4/5 win year a success, but for a rebuilding year I think it's been great. It doesn't suck to watch this team for the most part. I feel good about our future, excited for the draft and to see who we add in free agency. 

• Like 1