Browns v Bengals: We’re Ready To Hurt Again

LETSGOBROWNIES

Hoo due eye think will win sense your a genius?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Yes or no

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Mike
    • Don’t be an idiot, it’s mike
    • Ojobo, Davis dt, baker and 60,000,o000 $

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll say this much, the scheme made sense.  Let your corners play ball and present looks that get your DL 1:1 opportunities.  It’s not rocket surgery. 

The matchup I don’t like is us vs heavier personnel, so Baltimore is a major concern and test.

That said a lot to like against teams like Cincinnati and other skilled teams with 3 WR looks.

Chubb’s my dude man, I’ve never been happier to see us take a player in the draft. People that are OK not paying this man because he’s a RB, etc as he continues to produce just don’t see the big picture here. He is an example out there and he’s heading for a hall of fame trajectory, which we don’t get too many icons around here in Cleveland. Enjoy every year you get to keep this kid around. Hopefully we are able to reward him and Garrett with some success, as there is still a window in their careers. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The matchup I don’t like is us vs heavier personnel, so Baltimore is a major concern and test.

That said a lot to like against teams like Cincinnati and other skilled teams with 3 WR looks.

I think the solution is going to have to be more 5 man DL formations/50 fronts with ends on the edge as we don’t have enough size or depth at LB to match up well.

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the solution is going to have to be more 5 man DL formations/50 fronts with ends on the edge as we don’t have enough size or depth at LB to match up well.

Yeah I don’t see another viable solution which concerns me with a 2 TE look AND a mobile QB, because that’s an 8 on 7 look. You have to allocate the bonus defender to Lamar, which leaves you in trouble vs that 2nd TE in the passing game or with a RB out of the backfield 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think we also need to give the linebackers their due.  We’ve all ragged on them a lot this off-season (to varying degrees lol) and they played really well.

Takitaki, JOK and Walker all look like viable starters.  Depth remains a question, but after week one they definitely look competent.

JOK was finally asked to play an apex LB and hybrid S look and balled out who’d have thought…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I don’t see another viable solution which concerns me with a 2 TE look AND a mobile QB, because that’s an 8 on 7 look. You have to allocate the bonus defender to Lamar, which leaves you in trouble vs that 2nd TE in the passing game or with a RB out of the backfield 

It’s a game you really have to trust your corners.

man coverage, little to no help over the top.  Make Lamar beat you with his arm against tight coverage.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a game you really have to trust your corners.

man coverage, little to no help over the top.  Make Lamar beat you with his arm against tight coverage.

It’s not that which concerns me, it’s that in man defense you’re leaving Lamar with the ability to scramble.

I think the recipe is to force longer yardage situations and blitz, but that also means jumping out to an early lead to force them to become one dimensional.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It’s not that which concerns me, it’s that in man defense you’re leaving Lamar with the ability to scramble.

I’d have no hesitation in dedicating a spy to him, JOK specifically.

Mush rush with a spy and force him to make plays from the pocket with his arm on obvious passing downs.

Ive had great success in stopping mike Vick in madden 2004 with this very strategy, so it’s safe to say I know a bit about this sorta thing.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think the recipe is to force longer yardage situations and blitz, but that also means jumping out to an early lead to force them to become one dimensional.

I mean, yes lol.  That’s the recipe against literally anyone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d have no hesitation in dedicating a spy to him, JOK specifically.

Mush rush with a spy and force him to make plays from the pocket with his arm on obvious passing downs.

Ive had great success in stopping mike Vick in madden 2004 with this very strategy, so it’s safe to say I know a bit about this sorta thing.

I mean, yes lol.  That’s the recipe against literally anyone.

Yeah, to an extent sure, but if you force Mahomes, TB12, Burrow, Herbert, etc to become one dimensional, it’s not as big of a deal because they are pass first type teams as opposed to a team like Baltimore predicated on running the ball without the same type of firepower airing it out.

• Like 1