Browns v Bengals: We’re Ready To Hurt Again

LETSGOBROWNIES

Hoo due eye think will win sense your a genius?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Yes or no

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Mike
    • Don’t be an idiot, it’s mike
    • Ojobo, Davis dt, baker and 60,000,o000 $

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, to an extent sure, but if you force Mahomes, TB12, Burrow, Herbert, etc to become one dimensional, it’s not as big of a deal because they are pass first type teams as opposed to a team like Baltimore predicated on running the ball without the same type of firepower airing it out.

Completely agree.  If you’re able to make Lamar play from the pocket and try to win with his arm I think you’re setting yourself up for success.

8 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

Man to man against zay/bate/andrews? 

yeah, absolutely.  If our secondary can blanket and shut down Chase, Higgins, etc., I’m comfortable with their ability to compete with those dudes.

8 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

with an option of lamar taking off? 

I’d want a spy, JOK specifically.

And to be clear, this was mentioned as a solution to the multiple TE sets/heavy formations we may see as it’s a personnel mismatch for us, not as a base defense.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah, absolutely.  If our secondary can blanket and shut down Chase, Higgins, etc., I’m comfortable with their ability to compete with those dudes.

18 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

different formations and personall then the bengals, also mark is going to beat your lb's, zay looks  shifty and someone you dont  want to play man with most of the time, and bate has proven he can beat man, its not burrow cbs will also have to be weary of lamar running 

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I mean they just shut down a superior passing attack so yea I’d be ok with that 

So you think there going to shut down every passing attack following this week?  ravens will obviously put more then 83 passing yards but its their run game and personal thats could give this defense problems 

Just now, Nobellythrower said:

different formations and personall then the bengals, also mark is going to beat your lb's, zay looks  shifty and someone you dont  want to play man with most of the time, and bate has proven he can beat man, its not burrow cbs will also have to be weary of lamar running 

I get all of this.  

It’s the NFL, all teams have good talent.  I’m not saying the Ravens can’t have success against that defense.

That said, I think our corners are better than the ravens WRs. Andrews is better than our linebackers and safeties. I’ll take Lamar in the pocket with a 5 man rush and a spy as a win.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

Man to man against zay/bate/andrews?  with an option of lamar taking off? 

Game plan should be to blitz the ever living crap out of Lamar from Mark Andrews' side. Flush him opposite & play man. Spy/Muddle the rush of the opposite DE. People always want to play zone to help with Lamar running & then he runs around & finds Andrews sitting in wide open zone holes. We gotta get after him if we can force them into obvious passing downs.

Lamar is really hard to game plan for because what you can do is really dependant on down & distance. If they really are using him more as a pocket passer, we're gonna eviscerate them. I know Ravens fans despised Greg Roman for his schemes, but those schemes played directly into the strengths and weaknesses of their QB. I'd be shocked if the Ravens don't divert into a heavy zone/read QB run team by the end of the year, as I think this pocket passing experiment with Lamar is gonna fail miserably.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

different formations and personall then the bengals,

Not really anymore. The Ravens are now running a lot of generic offensive spread stuff, similar to what Cinci does.

also mark is going to beat your lb's

Maybe. But if he can beat our LB's in man, he sure as hell can beat them in zone, which is what historically happens to us every time we play them.

zay looks  shifty and someone you dont  want to play man with most of the time

He's better than Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase? We had zero issues with those two.

and bate has proven he can beat man,

Bate has proven to be better than Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase? We had zero issues with those two.

its not burrow cbs will also have to be weary of lamar running 

CB's are not weary of any QB running. They're in coverage getting run off and are never going to be part of QB watching. The only time they're focused on stopping the run is in closed formations where they're the edge setters. And if it's a closed set, they are not lining up against those WR's anyways.

The only time we need to for sure get out of man is when they go bunch, which they've shown.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

as I think this pocket passing experiment with Lamar is gonna fail miserably.

Watched the game yesterday, its basically similar to gro but lamar is more efficient in the system his 169 in week 1 seemed and look more efficient then getting 169 in gro system most of the time, there red zone looks good with 3 td's

Now cle will feast on this banged up o line that will give the ravens problem

9 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not really anymore. The Ravens are now running a lot of generic offensive spread stuff, similar to what Cinci does.

23 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

yeah seemed generic guess they'll open the playbook more along the szn

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Game plan should be to blitz the ever living crap out of Lamar from Mark Andrews' side. Flush him opposite & play man. Spy/Muddle the rush of the opposite DE. People always want to play zone to help with Lamar running & then he runs around & finds Andrews sitting in wide open zone holes. We gotta get after him if we can force them into obvious passing downs.

Lamar is really hard to game plan for because what you can do is really dependant on down & distance. If they really are using him more as a pocket passer, we're gonna eviscerate them. I know Ravens fans despised Greg Roman for his schemes, but those schemes played directly into the strengths and weaknesses of their QB. I'd be shocked if the Ravens don't divert into a heavy zone/read QB run team by the end of the year, as I think this pocket passing experiment with Lamar is gonna fail miserably.

Like Lamar as a player, but I think its okay to say that he is a guy who needs the system built around him. I also dont think making him a pocket passer is going to help him grow, but it will only stop his growth. Its a little bit of square peg round hole with that offense.

Regardless, playing man coverage vs him seems like the best route IMO. Force him to make reads from the pocket and make tough passes into man coverage where ball placement actually matters. To your point, he thrives off zone becuase finding a WR/TE sitting down in a soft spot is infinitely easier to complete than a blanketed WR running a post route towards the sideline.

Its always been the same thing with him, make him make passes. The Ravens new offense just tee'd it up for defenses to make that a heck of a lot easier if they just play man w/ contain/spies. 

If Burrow cant pick apart this defense in man coverage w/ Chase/Higgins--then I feel really good about our chances against Lamar having him try to do the same.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

Watched the game yesterday, its basically similar to gro but lamar is more efficient in the system his 169 in week 1 seemed and look more efficient then getting 169 in gro system most of the time, there red zone looks good with 3 td's

Lamar is more efficient than Burrow? Dude....no way.

Maybe on a 1-game sample, but that's an anomaly. 

• Like 1