Kyle Long to IR

chisoxguy7

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You can't pick an OG at 2 or 3.

But you can at 6-8, which is where we can be if we beat the Browns. (god i hate saying IF when it comes to beating the browns)

Brandon Scherff went 6 right before KW11, and he's been playing at a pro bowl level since 

26 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

But you can at 6-8, which is where we can be if we beat the Browns. (god i hate saying IF when it comes to beating the browns)

Brandon Scherff went 6 right before KW11, and he's been playing at a pro bowl level since 

I would have no problem with going with a guy like Nelson in the 1st.  In fact I like him way more than any of the OT options that will be available like McGlinchey.

Nelson is a fantastic prospect and with Long having health concerns and Sitton a likely cut candidate due to his age/salary it only makes sense.  If Pace wants to emulate the New Oreleans style of offense then he  will recognize how they've built a nice interior o-line for Brees over the years.

36 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I would have no problem with going with a guy like Nelson in the 1st.  In fact I like him way more than any of the OT options that will be available like McGlinchey.

Nelson is a fantastic prospect and with Long having health concerns and Sitton a likely cut candidate due to his age/salary it only makes sense.  If Pace wants to emulate the New Oreleans style of offense then he  will recognize how they've built a nice interior o-line for Brees over the years.

Cutting Sitton would be opening a hole for no reason.

If we use the 4th-6th pick on an OG, a relative strength, then how do we address OLB, OT, WR, CB? Free agency cannot fix all of those needs.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Cutting Sitton would be opening a hole for no reason.

If we use the 4th-6th pick on an OG, a relative strength, then how do we address OLB, OT, WR, CB? Free agency cannot fix all of those needs.

Do you think Sitton's play of late warrants a $7.4 M salary in 2018?  You talk a lot about Pace wasting money but do you actually feel that Sitton's worth that based on his play this year?

With Long's health in question for 2018 and Sitton getting older and entering the last year of his contract it's a not a bad idea to start investing in the future.

Jordan Morgan is an unknown at this point.  Also it's not wise to rely on a 5th round pick.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Do you think Sitton's play of late warrants a $7.4 M salary in 2018?  You talk a lot about Pace wasting money but do you actually feel that Sitton's worth that based on his play this year?

With Long's health in question for 2018 and Sitton getting older and entering the last year of his contract it's a not a bad idea to start investing in the future.

Jordan Morgan is an unknown at this point.  Also it's not wise to rely on a 5th round pick.

He has been adequate based on his salary.

I understand that the interior OL has question marks, but the Bears have more important positions with NOTHING.

I can sign an elite OG, they switch teams all the time. I cannot sign an elite OG.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

He has been adequate based on his salary.

I understand that the interior OL has question marks, but the Bears have more important positions with NOTHING.

I can sign an elite OG, they switch teams all the time. I cannot sign an elite OG.

It will all depend on positional value at the time they are picking.  It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to take the #4 rated OLB/WR over #1 rated OG just because of positional need, would it?

Ideally I'm hoping that they can trade down and accumulate a 2nd this year and a 1st next year, while keeping a 1st in this year's draft.

Just now, topwop1 said:

It will all depend on positional value at the time they are picking.  It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to take the #4 rated OLB/WR over #1 rated OG just because of positional need, would it?

Ideally I'm hoping that they can trade down and accumulate a 2nd this year and a 1st next year, while keeping a 1st in this year's draft.

We will be picking 3-4, if we are picking the 4th OLB that would be incredible.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We will be picking 3-4, if we are picking the 4th OLB that would be incredible.

You sure about that?  Right now Bears are slotted at 6th and should be able to win 2 of their last 4 games.  I'm calling wins over the Browns and Vikings, who will likely have nothing left to play for in week 17 with a 1st round bye.

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You sure about that?  Right now Bears are slotted at 6th and should be able to win 2 of their last 4 games.  I'm calling wins over the Browns and Vikings, who will likely have nothing left to play for in week 17 with a 1st round bye.

The Bears may beat the Browns.

They are losing every other game. We have seen this movie before in the last 2/3 seasons. They have quit and are likely to lose out.

The Vikings backups will beat the Bears.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The Vikings will also have a ton to play for the #1 and #2 seeds will likely come right down to the wire.

If they want a bye and home field they will play.

Ok well then if not Vikings then perhaps they can beat the Lions who have Stafford banged up right now with an injured throwing hand. 

Btw how much money you putting down on the Bears losing these games?

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ok well then if not Vikings then perhaps they can beat the Lions who have Stafford banged up right now with an injured throwing hand. 

Btw how much money you putting down on the Bears losing these games?

I would make a strong bet that they lose 3/4 for sure. The Bears also may be the Browns last chance not to go 0-16.

We have seen this before. Last season and the last season of Trestman, when the team checks out it is over and you do not win games.

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They are losing every other game. We have seen this movie before in the last 2/3 seasons. They have quit and are likely to lose out.

I said this during some of the Jay Cutler days and then they ended up winning a random game. I think we will 2 out of our remaining 4. 

I got called out a couple of weeks ago for saying we needed to add multiple Oline players, partially due to Long being injury prone. Told he rarely missed games. Now he's out the rest of the season after playing hurt, ie, limited. Too many marginal starters, too many nagging injuries, too little quality depth on the Oline which barring multiple upgrades puts a giant bull's eye on Trubisky going into 2018.

This is why unless we have a can't miss IMPACT defender sitting there for our first pick I'd trade down and pick up an Olineman with our later first round pick and then pick another rookie Oline later on, the round depending on what we've added to the Oline via FA. If Pace drafts another WR with a top 7 pick then the guy had better be able to play 'taps' on a bugle because Trubisky will be a dead man walking into 2018.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This. Teddy Bridgewater is a smart football player and will make good decisions.

Archived