Preseason/Training Camp Disappointments

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I will never trust corners from Florida. 

Same issues the Cardinals' CB1, Marco Wilson, has had so far in his career. He's fast and he's there for the highlight plays but gets wrecked by physical receivers and savvy receivers turn him into a penalty machine. 

• Like 1

The slot corners for the Giants. Darnay Holmes has never been good, but he looked really bad this preseason. We had hopes that last year's 3rd round pick Cordale Flott could man that spot, and he looked good for one practice, then also started to look really bad. Aaron Robinson, another 3rd round pick slot corner from a few years ago, is hurt as always. That slot corner position was in such dire straits, and 1st and 6th round rookie boundary corners Deonte Banks and Tre Hawkins have looked so good, that the Giants have moved Adoree Jackson to the slot and it looks like that is the way it will be for at least week 1.

The other guys we were hoping would step up- Kayvon and Evan Neal mostly- have, at least so far. Thibs was relatively quiet, then he got challenged by Wink, and became unblockable. Evan Neal looks improved all around and only had one bad snap in preseason where he was late recognizing a stunt.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I will never trust corners from Florida. 

5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Same issues the Cardinals' CB1, Marco Wilson, has had so far in his career. He's fast and he's there for the highlight plays but gets wrecked by physical receivers and savvy receivers turn him into a penalty machine. 

As soon as I saw @.Buzz comment I thought about Quincy Wilson and see @HoboRocket mention his brother soon after. Quincy made it into his third season before someone (Mike Adams) taught him how to watch game film. 

• Like 2

Center Josh Meyers - 2021 62nd pick and first center taken over the consensus top center in Creed Humphry (drafted 63rd overall) Chiefs get a perennial Pro Bowl talent and Meyers is continuing the trend of being a fringe starter who won't get a second contract from us. A head-scratcher at the time that has turned into a horrible pick with Creed showing why everyone had him ranked higher.