So, the saga is over ...

babyatemydingo

A 3rd and I would have cringed at that. He’s clearly worth a 3 but then you’re committing seppuku with a contract you’d have to pay him. A 5 year, 65M. 30 guaranteed? I dunno. Not a fan of giving RBs big money unless they’re just flat out special. Taylor is good. Just don’t think he’s that good. 

19 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

A 3rd and I would have cringed at that. He’s clearly worth a 3 but then you’re committing seppuku with a contract you’d have to pay him. A 5 year, 65M. 30 guaranteed? I dunno. Not a fan of giving RBs big money unless they’re just flat out special. Taylor is good. Just don’t think he’s that good. 

I get your point.

I was thinking like a 2nd, the Eagles', not the Saints'.
Plus, some contract $ like Barnett or Perry or both.
Perry wouldn't be necessary and Barnett wants out.
Barnett would certainly get the chance to play.

This would allow the Eagles front load a small portion of the contract.
The rest could get back loaded with minimal exposure in the cut years (4, but mostly 5).

Something like:

23 - $15M ($15M g)
24 - $12.5M ($12.5M g)
25 - $10M ($10M g)
26 - $12.5M ($10M g)
27 - $20M ($5M g)

That's about $5M more that you said, but we all know that last year is exceptional.
$55M guaranteed and low cap exposure in the final year.

My concern is to keep the draft capital low.
Those are the contracts the Eagles will need to off-set the exorbitant sum at RB.
Hopefully, it drives the market up at that position and the rest of the league abides, too.
That would make the situation well worth it.

5 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I get your point.

I was thinking like a 2nd, the Eagles', not the Saints'.
Plus, some contract $ like Barnett or Perry or both.
Perry wouldn't be necessary and Barnett wants out.
Barnett would certainly get the chance to play.

This would allow the Eagles front load a small portion of the contract.
The rest could get back loaded with minimal exposure in the cut years (4, but mostly 5).

Something like:

23 - $15M ($15M g)
24 - $12.5M ($12.5M g)
25 - $10M ($10M g)
26 - $12.5M ($10M g)
27 - $20M ($5M g)

That's about $5M more that you said, but we all know that last year is exceptional.
$55M guaranteed and low cap exposure in the final year.

My concern is to keep the draft capital low.
Those are the contracts the Eagles will need to off-set the exorbitant sum at RB.
Hopefully, it drives the market up at that position and the rest of the league abides, too.
That would make the situation well worth it.

I think in my head I lowballed a bit because I just don’t see GMs continuing giving RBs contact record breakers over and over. But that would be about market value for a top tier RB. 

It’s against every fiber of my actual football team building being but boy, it would be an absolute nightmare for defenses to keep the Eagles from scoring 30 every Sunday. I come out with a Taylor-Swift backfield and I split Swift out. It’s an automatic matchup win. Defense goes light and I run it down their throat. They go heavy and Swift eats any LB up in coverage. Let alone trying to matchup against Brown, Smith and Goedert. Good luck, sheesh. And for that, I’d be in. 

I think running back is one of the least valuable positions in football. I honestly don’t want Taylor because I know he’d be coming with a huge contract extension.

If there’s some possible way you can convince him to come to the eagles without a contract and then talk after the season, then maybe, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen. He wants mucho dinero

The running back room as is, is good enough in my opinion. The most important player for the run game (besides the OL) will be Jalen hurts. And that’s not just due to his running ability but also the threat that he can run opens holes for running backs.

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Glad we didn't because in all honesty it looks like his injury is still lingering (out first 4 weeks).

Taylor is fine, that's not why he's on PUP. That's all Irsay/Ballard.

They knew Jalen Ramsey and Trent Williams "injury excuses" were and are coming each and every week since JT doesn't want to play for the Colts.

If he was traded, honestly believe JT suits up week 1, definitely week 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Taylor is fine, that's not why he's on PUP. That's all Irsay/Ballard.

They knew Jalen Ramsey and Trent Williams "injury excuses" were and are coming each and every week since JT doesn't want to play for the Colts.

If he was traded, honestly believe JT suits up week 1, definitely week 2.

Yeah I just seen the Taylor frustration stuff after my post in here. Kept hearing the Colt fans saying his ankle was still mangled so was going off of that

People significantly overrate what JT is imo. He doesn't bring anything even remotely close to a team compared to an RB like CMC. Yes he is a very good RB, but he is not head and shoulders above other guys and his expiration date will come sooner than others because of his usage in college.

I would want no part in extending him for 4-5 years. I would also not give up more than a 4th for him for a yearly rental. Basically for what the Colts are looking for I would never have traded for him.