2023 College Football Thread

Norm

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

What about last week?

They got lucky vs Auburn. Kind of like FSU got lucky the ACC has no teams that would even have been top 4 in the B1G or SEC so they could squeeze out a conference title. 

I don't think Bama is a better team than Oregon or Ohio State, but without Travis they are better than FSU. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They got lucky vs Auburn. Kind of like FSU got lucky the ACC has no teams that would even have been top 4 in the B1G or SEC so they could squeeze out a conference title. 

Yes because *checks notes* Iowa, Ole Miss and Missouri are juggernauts.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I hate this ****. Let the kids decide it, not your hypotheticals.

And they will, next year when the playoffs are at the appropriate number of teams. This year there was no way to win. Why is Oregon punished for 2 FG losses to the #2 team in the country but we're celebrating FSU beating BC, Syracuse, Wake, Miami, etc...?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

And they will, next year when the playoffs are at the appropriate number of teams. This year there was no way to win. Why is Oregon punished for 2 FG losses to the #2 team in the country but we're celebrating FSU beating BC, Syracuse, Wake, Miami, etc...?

What is Oregon's best win? Is it better than LSU?

Yes because *checks notes* Iowa, Ole Miss and Missouri are juggernauts.

Did Ole Miss or Mizsou play in the SEC Title game yesterday? Missed that of so.

Michigan had nothing to prove, they beat the two teams that were the only other legit teams in the B1G. Iowa was weak, but I'd argue still better than Louisville.

What is Oregon's best win? Is it better than LSU?

Every playoff system has recency bias (as they should) LSU was a week 1 win, not heavily weighted anymore. You could argue OSU, USC, Utah would all be #2 in the ACC. Plus they played Washington tick for tack, there's no arguing to me that Oregon is one of the 5 best teams in CFP this year.

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So, screw the kids this year! If you aren't going to put Georgia in, clearly one of the top four teams, then leave it how you had it ranked last week. You allowed Alabama to get in because you had to have an SEC team in the game. Does the fact Auburn literally fumbled that game away not count? 

Those are actually legitimate Division 1A schools as opposed to Alabama....... Middle Tennessee, Chattanooga and South Florida. They beat South Florida 17-3 LOL

There is no place in realty where Alabama belongs in the playoffs. NONE! Not if the regular season matters. 

It's total bull****. 

Florida State was screwed seventeen ways from Sunday by this farce of a committee. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Old Guy said:

So, screw the kids this year! If you aren't going to put Georgia in, clearly one of the top four teams, then leave it how you had it ranked last week. You allowed a Alabama to get in because you had to have an SEC team in the game. 

Those are actually legitimate Division 1A schools as opposed to Alabama....... Middle Tennessee, Chattanooga and South Florida. They beat South Florida 17-3 LOL

There is no place in realty where Alabama belongs in the playoffs. NONE! Not if the regular season matters. 

It's total bull****. 

Um Alabama played LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia. 5 teams better than any in conference ACC team that FSU played. 

I'd be livid as an FSU fan for sure, but I'm not. So I'm very happy I get UM v Bama, will be a much better game with Travis injured.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Um Alabama played LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia. 5 teams better than any in conference ACC team that FSU played. 

I'd be livid as an FSU fan for sure, but I'm not. So I'm very happy I get UM v Bama, will be a much better game with Travis injured.

So, it's about you and not what they should have done. Power 5 conference, undefeated and they got SCREWED bigtime! I don't give a **** who is playing quarterback. That has NEVER been how they've determined who gets in. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

The mental gymnastics being played trying to justify an undefeated power 5 conference winning team being jumped by a team with a loss is just pathetic. 

Just say you wanted Alabama in. 

You forgot the part where they were gifted a win the week earlier by Auburn. The totality of their season does not add up to a top 4 team. No chance. SEC bias, they had to let an SEC team in. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

You forgot the part where they were gifted a win the week earlier by Auburn. The totality of their season does not add up to a top 4 team. No chance. SEC bias, they had to let an SEC team in. 

It’s just a stupid argument. Just be honest and say you wanted to see them in . 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

There should be an SEC and B1G bias over the ACC. Hell the Pac12 blew away the ACC this year too.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s just a stupid argument. Just be honest and say you wanted to see them in . 

Florida State should have been rewarded for beating a top 20 team with a third string freshman quarterback. They were going to get their back up back for the playoffs.