2023 College Football Thread

Norm

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They're pissed about the precedent of a P5 undefeated not getting in. If you're pissed about not getting to watch Tate Rodenbacher, then some new hobbies are in order. No one is going to miss FSU once the game kicks off.

Considering football is a 22 man game, I'm more pissed I don't get to watch that Florida State defense fly around the field vs a relatively slow Michigan offense. 

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The issue to me is not that FSU has a legit argument to be in, it's that FSU, Georgia, OSU and Oregon all have a legit argument to be in IMO. The fact it took this long to expand from 4 is absurd to me.

Theirs is no "right" combo of 4 teams, so go with the best 3 football games you can.

I disagree on all of this. 

3 undefeated power 5 conference champions ( Wash, Mich, Florida st) , and Texas ( a one loss conference winner who beat the SEC conference winner by two scores at Bama) it’ should’ve been real easy. I, a ND fan always heard ‘Conference championships matter’.

What made college football special was that ‘every week matters ‘ .

Thats gone now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I disagree on all of this. 

3 undefeated power 5 conference champions ( Wash, Mich, Florida st) , and Texas ( a one loss conference winner who beat the SEC conference winner by two scores at Bama) it’ should’ve been real easy. I, a ND fan always heard ‘Conference championships matter’.

What made college football special was that ‘every week matters ‘ .

Thats gone now 

How is it gone now? FSU has no premier wins. All 4 teams in the CFP do. Every week doesn't matter equally (and shouldn't) it's take care of your business against inferior opponents and win the big games as they come. If you don't have a premier opponent, you some help. FSU got the opposite of help with Georgia losing and not being able to put 60 passing yards on the board vs Louisville.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

How is it gone now? FSU has no premier wins. All 4 teams in the CFP do. Every week doesn't matter equally (and shouldn't) it's take care of your business against inferior opponents and win the big games as they come. If you don't have a premier opponent, you some help. FSU got the opposite of help with Georgia losing and not being able to put 60 passing yards on the board vs Louisville.

There's also one thing that Florida State doesn't have that Alabama has...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You’re fishing. Florida St has enough quality wins.