2023 College Football Thread

Norm

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i just saw last night that undefeated FSU missed out...because their QB got hurt

just mind-numbing

wow

what an enormous joke of a league. It's indefensible.

You're kidding yourself if you think the NFL wouldn't do the same thing if it had written the rules so they could. The almighty dollar is all that matters to any major sport league.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What do the players gain for skipping the bowl? What does it look like to the commits? How about the fans who buy tickets/flights/hotels? Does the team reimburse them?

Seems like a pouty temper tantrum more than a logical solution.

This is the dumbest post you've ever written. Draft prospects have been sitting out bowl games for several years now. 

The NCAA cheapened the product known as bowl games once the playoffs started. This is not some sort of revelation. 

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're kidding yourself if you think the NFL wouldn't do the same thing if it had written the rules so they could. The almighty dollar is all that matters to any major sport league.

Thank you for reaffirming my point the whole time, SEC bias! SEC had to be represented no matter what. There has never been any integrity in the process. This time they just stopped trying to hide it. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is the dumbest post you've ever written. Draft prospects have been sitting out bowl games for several years now. 

The NCAA cheapened the product known as bowl games once the playoffs started. This is not some sort of revelation. 

Bowl games are a thing of stupid bygone era that they have to hold on to bc $. But nobody cares now that there's a playoff. NCAA sucks. It should be a larger tourney and they can have the Bills Bait Emporium bowl and **** too that nobody will watch. IDK why these teams don't just break from the NCAA anyways. What's stopping them? 

Also FSU isn't good. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Bowl games are a thing of stupid bygone era that they have to hold on to bc $. But nobody cares now that there's a playoff. NCAA sucks. It should be a larger tourney and they can have the Bills Bait Emporium bowl and **** too that nobody will watch. IDK why these teams don't just break from the NCAA anyways. What's stopping them? 

Also FSU isn't good. 

They need to just get rid of conferences and do a tier system. Some of these schools are football factories, this whole debate could be ended if teams like FSU and Alabama were in the same tier and had to play each other every year or something like that. I can't stand how only 2 or 3 games a season are really the only ones that matter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Also FSU isn't good. 

Now the NCAA wants to control all of the NIL money and pay it out as they see fit. Good bunch of commies! **** them! I agree tell them to go pound sand and run it themselves. 

Rather than guys trying to reinvent the USFA, they should start a 'minor league,' for football. Much like the G League in Basketball or minor league baseball. It way past time to end the NCAA monopoly. 

These schools aren't trying to get these kids an education, they are exploiting them. 

Edited by Old Guy

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Now the NCAA wants to control all of the NIL money and pay it out as they see fit. Good bunch of commies! **** them! I agree tell them to go pound sand and run it themselves. 

Rather than guys trying to reinvent the USFA, they should start a 'minor league,' for football. Much like the G League in Basketball or minor league baseball. It way past time to end the NCAA monopoly. 

These schools aren't trying to get these kids an education, they are exploiting them. 

1000% agreed. Though I don't think it's a bad thing, obviously, for the kids that end up with them. NCAA is just a joke though. 

18 minutes ago, StatKing said:

They need to just get rid of conferences and do a tier system. Some of these schools are football factories, this whole debate could be ended if teams like FSU and Alabama were in the same tier and had to play each other every year or something like that. I can't stand how only 2 or 3 games a season are really the only ones that matter.

Conferences stopped making sense after air travel was invented anyways lol