2024 Draft

Ftn49

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Another guy that I think is probably a third round guy that you have to take at the end of round 2, though he just lasted until round 4 in our mock. 

He's a lot of fun to watch, but I still struggle a little bit with where he fits. He can definitely move around a line a bit to give you some versatile looks, but he's not an end. He's long by wingspan but doesn't actually have tremendous arm length. Not fast or twitchy enough for the edge either. He's definitely better suited as an interior pass rusher, but 280 pounds is pretty light there. He doesn't have to put on much weight....probably 10-13 pounds, but he's going to have to put some on for sure. 

If you can get that on him without losing anything, he would probably comp out physically very similar to Justin Madubuike, tbh. The athletic testing not really that far off either. 

I think between him and Kneeland and others they've shown real interest in, and the desire to show more five man fronts, they are definitely taking a 5 tech sort at some relatively early point. Offensive tackle, 5 tech, receiver, and tight end I think have highest priority currently. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I think between him and Kneeland and others they've shown real interest in, and the desire to show more five man fronts, they are definitely taking a 5 tech sort at some relatively early point. Offensive tackle, 5 tech, receiver, and tight end I think have highest priority currently. 

I wouldn’t mind the DT from Duke - DeWayne Carter. I think he’s someone we could get in the mid/later rounds. 

I would like for us to go Oline/Receiver or Corner depending on the how the board plays out, but I agree with the rest of your statement. 

20 minutes ago, JIllg said:

If they want a 5t, take him early lol. This class suuuuuuuuucks man. I tried I take an edge just now and couldn't do it. Nobody I even remotely like. Took tykee Smith 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they want a 5t, take him early lol. This class suuuuuuuuucks man. I tried I take an edge just now and couldn't do it. Nobody I even remotely like. Took tykee Smith 

I think this means that they'll wait on TE for the All types. They don't wait on receivers or defensive linemen, though, lol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I wouldn’t mind the DT from Duke - DeWayne Carter. I think he’s someone we could get in the mid/later rounds. 

I would like for us to go Oline/Receiver or Corner depending on the how the board plays out, but I agree with the rest of your statement. 

I do really like DeWayne Carter a lot. :)

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I think this means that they'll wait on TE for the All types. They don't wait on receivers or defensive linemen, though, lol.

Wonder if this means they're also going to wait on CB

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder if this means they're also going to wait on CB

Not sure how hard they'll go for that. I think one of OT and corner is getting the big upgrade this year and one next year. They haven't followed up with any first round types yet for top 30s. I think one of the two positions will have an enticing faller - McKinstry maybe. Maybe Latham if they actually like him. 

17 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Not sure how hard they'll go for that. I think one of OT and corner is getting the big upgrade this year and one next year. They haven't followed up with any first round types yet for top 30s. I think one of the two positions will have an enticing faller - McKinstry maybe. Maybe Latham if they actually like him. 

I do think that they prefer the tackles though. Like, the only corner from the late first to second range that they talked to at the combine was literally McKinstry. And they talked to just about every tackle in that range. I think that Melton or DJ Jones later on is more what  they are expecting.

• Like 1

Ugggggh. I might be a broken record, but I really wish we were talking to Malik Washington all the time rather than Corley.

Malik Positives:

1. Catches the dang ball when it is thrown his way at one of the highest rates in the class, much less compared to other smaller slot types with small catch radii

2. More explosive as a YAC receiver

3. Better at the catch point

4. Separates better as a route runner on in common routes

5. Has more vertical juice

6. Has way more routes and feel for finding soft spots in zone on tape

7. Actually tested at the Combine and ran a sub 4.5 40 with monster jump numbers

8. Is actually one of the best contested catch receivers in the class in spite of being small

9. I would straight up take him at the bottom of the first round. I do not mind looking stupid against consensus here.

Malachi Positives:

1. Blocks well in the running and screen game.

2. Miiiiight have a slightly better feel for reading blocks as a runner?

I don't get it, man. I don't. I try to have a better feel for the consensus, but I think Corley is more like Amari Rodgers and such than Deebo. There's a little juice there, but not as much as people think. And if he isn't Deebo, then he's nothing. Like, you aren't going after Laviska Shenaults and Curtis Samuels for anything more than tricky WR3 and 4 things.

• Like 1

I've been on the Washington train since I first watched him a few months ago. I am all in on getting him in the late 2nd or 3rd round. Pearsall, Washington and McConkey will make an impact from day one on this team and have big seasons.

Also, I keep telling people that just because a player in college looks to be YAC beast does not mean he will be Deebo on the next level. This man is literally 1 of 1 and there is a reason he is so respected throughout the league (minus CJGJ lol). 

Don't go with a YAC monster in college, go with the superior route runners that will work well with Purdy. And I think that's exactly what Shanny will do if we go with a WR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Ugggggh. I might be a broken record, but I really wish we were talking to Malik Washington all the time rather than Corley.

Malik Positives:

1. Catches the dang ball when it is thrown his way at one of the highest rates in the class, much less compared to other smaller slot types with small catch radii

2. More explosive as a YAC receiver

3. Better at the catch point

4. Separates better as a route runner on in common routes

5. Has more vertical juice

6. Has way more routes and feel for finding soft spots in zone on tape

7. Actually tested at the Combine and ran a sub 4.5 40 with monster jump numbers

8. Is actually one of the best contested catch receivers in the class in spite of being small

9. I would straight up take him at the bottom of the first round. I do not mind looking stupid against consensus here.

Malachi Positives:

1. Blocks well in the running and screen game.

2. Miiiiight have a slightly better feel for reading blocks as a runner?

I don't get it, man. I don't. I try to have a better feel for the consensus, but I think Corley is more like Amari Rodgers and such than Deebo. There's a little juice there, but not as much as people think. And if he isn't Deebo, then he's nothing. Like, you aren't going after Laviska Shenaults and Curtis Samuels for anything more than tricky WR3 and 4 things.

I have to imagine it's mostly a size thing for washington. The play speaks for itself, but for so many teams, size still matters. So many teams have thresholds. The receivers coming out are getting smaller and smaller though. Tank Dell was a monster last year, but I don't think the league is ready to turn that page. Washington, Cowing....in ten years, they both may be top 50 picks. I think for now, the league still worries. 

The fact that Corley blocks well in the run and screen game is probably a bigger positive for Corley than anything you just listed for Washington in Shanny's eyes, tbh lol. 

It is funny that the other day I was considering Corley when listening to PFF and they were talking about the comps being out of control, and I thought to myself, "what if Corley is just Amari Rodgers" 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have to imagine it's mostly a size thing for washington. The play speaks for itself, but for so many teams, size still matters. So many teams have thresholds. The receivers coming out are getting smaller and smaller though. Tank Dell was a monster last year, but I don't think the league is ready to turn that page. Washington, Cowing....in ten years, they both may be top 50 picks. I think for now, the league still worries. 

The fact that Corley blocks well in the run and screen game is probably a bigger positive for Corley than anything you just listed for Washington in Shanny's eyes, tbh lol. 

It is funny that the other day I was considering Corley when listening to PFF and they were talking about the comps being out of control, and I thought to myself, "what if Corley is just Amari Rodgers" 

Siggggh. You are definitely right on all points, especially the blocking lol. I will be very annoyed watching another team profit from this market inefficiency. I also wouldn't be surprised if Corley (or any of the the other dudes I mentioned) would also overperform with Shanahan lol. I just want the better player.

• Like 2

I like both Malachi and Malik, so either one is a win for me! There’s a lot of prospects this year that I could see us going after especially knowing what Kyle likes to do on offense. It’s a good year to get receivers - yes plural! Lol