? Week 14: Lions (6-6) @ Buccaneers (4-8)

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The 9ers could win a couple more games this year. Jimmy G seems to have made their offense competent.

I doubt they go 3 DE's three years in row. I think the Colts are our biggest threat for his services. Hopefully, they find a way to beat Denver next week and HOU wk 17. There's a 95% chance that the Bucs will lose out facing our division rivals to close the year. Top 5 pick is happening.

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

I doubt they go 3 DE's three years in row. I think the Colts are our biggest threat for his services. Hopefully, they find a way to beat Denver next week and HOU wk 17. There's a 95% chance that the Bucs will lose out facing our division rivals to close the year. Top 5 pick is happening.

Too bad there aren't any elite WR prospects this year.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Too bad there aren't any elite WR prospects this year.

Yeah because that guy would for sure be coveted. I'm thinking John Lynch will probably trade down again and build an offense around Jimmy G. I see Nelson as their first pick somewhere within the top 10. Barkley is elite but I doubt Kyle Shanahon drafts a RB that high.

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah because that guy would for sure be coveted. I'm thinking John Lynch will probably trade down again and build an offense around Jimmy G. I see Nelson as their first pick somewhere within the top 10. Barkley is elite but I doubt Kyle Shanahon drafts a RB that high.

I've never understood the knock on taking RBs early. Look at what Zeke did for the Cowboys. Look at what Fournette did for Jacksonville's offense. If there's an elite RB available and you need a RB, you should take him, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Agreed, I believe Barkley will go top 5 to someone he is going to be dynamic.  The Bucs will have a really good shot at DE.  This gave Stafford 39 completions, Atlanta with a mini bye and at Carolina Christmas eve, ouch.  

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've never understood the knock on taking RBs early. Look at what Zeke did for the Cowboys. Look at what Fournette did for Jacksonville's offense. If there's an elite RB available and you need a RB, you should take him, in my opinion.

Its more of the background of the Shanahon family. Their tendency is to get running backs later in the draft but Barkley might break that exception. Who knows. I think Barkley is worth a top 5 pick and if the Bucs didn't have more important needs he'd be my #1 target.

20 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think we've seen as good as Winston will ever be. He will always be a turnover machine. He's shown no progression other than flashes but goes backwards when you think he might take that next step. 3 more turnovers today served fresh and hot. 

I can't agree with this after seeing Kizer (who has been a turnover monster) and Goff (who looked completely inept last season).  I may sound like a broken record but this is more of an indictment on Mike Bajakien as these are areas that should be discussed between him and Dirk which would adjust the playbook accordingly. I will be interested if Tampa brings in a diciplinarian as well as a real QB coach. Not someone whose claim to fame was Dan LaFavore

Archived