Week 2 GDT: Raiders at Bills | Raiders MAFIA!

NYRaider

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders Mafia
    • Bills Mafia

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I never wanted JM or DZ, in fact I wanted Mike McDaniel before he was on anyones radar to become a HC.  All I knew is that he was being talked about around the NFL circles to become a HC and he was from the 49ers tree.  

Once JM was hired I was optimistic that the HC/GM combo would be a good thing.  I also was optimistic that JM had learned from his prior mistakes and if he was ever going to cut it as a HC his time was now.  He was young and was an alleged bright mind yet I was worried that his success was because of BB and TB but had figured he had learned something and was humbled by his time in Denver.  That clearly was not the case.  He still has a giant ego and has a victim mentality by throwing his players under the bus and not taking accountability.  The excuses are running out and he has to take a long hard look in the mirror.  

I was reserving judgment until after 1 year and after year 1 I knew JM was not the answer.  This is a 4ish win team and JM should not be the HC going into next offseason...

Bill Belichick is going to keep the score low 90% of the time and Brady is going to win the game 90% of the time. You can look really good as an offensive coordinator when that happens. You can also look good as the assistant general manager when you have a quarterback that can turn water into wine with whatever you give him and a head coach GM that knows exactly what he wants to get defensively.

It's when you have to leave that situation and do it on your own that makes that's difficult and we've seen that for decades now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Bill Belichick is going to keep the score low 90% of the time and Brady is going to win the game 90% of the time. You can look really good as an offensive coordinator when that happens. You can also look good as the assistant general manager when you have a quarterback that can turn water into wine with whatever you give him and a head coach GM that knows exactly what he wants to get defensively.

It's when you have to leave that situation and do it on your own that makes that's difficult and we've seen that for decades now.

What is very apparent to me is that he has no clue how to coach or call a game without an elite D backing him up.  This collection of bums we call a D is once again bottom 3 in the NFL and proving exactly what I assumed.  

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What is very apparent to me is that he has no clue how to coach or call a game without an elite D backing him up.  This collection of bums we call a D is once again bottom 3 in the NFL and proving exactly what I assumed.  

Or the team doesn't score points so it has the same affect. That's why I'm very certain we're gonna win next week.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah we're on the same page. Clear downgrade from last year even though the offense is clearly a better fit.

He is clearly a downgrade but I don't get the better fit thing.  Does anyone care if he's a better fit in a ****ty scheme where the coach is looking like he should be canned in short order?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is clearly a downgrade but I don't get the better fit thing.  Does anyone care if he's a better fit in a ****ty scheme where the coach is looking like he should be canned in short order?

As bad as Jimmy, JMD and this whole organization is, it was time for Carr to go. He not the guy and it was time to move on 

31 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

As bad as Jimmy, JMD and this whole organization is, it was time for Carr to go. He not the guy and it was time to move on 

You never move on from an asset without an upgrade in place.  That is foolish from a business perspective and exactly what transpired here.  How is that not obvious?

You also never turn an asset into a liability which JM and DZ most certainly did.  They turned Carr into a liability, received nothing in compensation because of a foolish NTC and are paying him 6M to play in new Orleans.  

This whole situation is a fireable offense and combine this with bad FA signings, nothing to show draft wise, a bottom 3 D and terrible play calling....  You have the 2023 Raiders...

30 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You never move on from an asset without an upgrade in place.  That is foolish from a business perspective and exactly what transpired here.  How is that not obvious?

You also never turn an asset into a liability which JM and DZ most certainly did.  They turned Carr into a liability, received nothing in compensation because of a foolish NTC and are paying him 6M to play in new Orleans.  

This whole situation is a fireable offense and combine this with bad FA signings, nothing to show draft wise, a bottom 3 D and terrible play calling....  You have the 2023 Raiders...

Carr to jimmy was a lateral move imo

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr to jimmy was a lateral move imo

Something to think about:

-we brought in genius Josh, supposedly one of the best offenses minds in the game

-got rid of Derek Carr(who many hail as the problem) replaced him with a natural scheme fit and supposedly better in the red zone in Jimmy Garoppolo(literally handpicked for the scheme when he got drafted)

-traded a first & a second for one of the best receivers in the game

-signed a receiver that literally just came from where you came from an already knows you're offense for $11 million

-With a second in one of your third round picks this year you get a tight end and another receiver

And after all that you still have games, where you only score 10 points? 

• Like 2