Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

I've firmly planted my flag for the stance of "who is the HC?" If Eberflus is back then I want Fields to stay and to trade 1.1. 

If the Bears get do go big game hunting for Harbaugh then let him decide who he wants at QB. Be it Fields for 1 year under him (he may want a season-long look at Fields), Williams/Maye at 1.1, or JJ in the 4th (@Madmike90  lol). 

I expect Eberflus back, and have no real issue with it, unless Getsy returns. I'd rather throw them out as a pair than keep Getsy, so hopefully Flubby/Poles/Warren aim higher than him and demand more than him. I would I rather have Harbaugh or Johnson and wouldn't feel bad seeing him tossed for either of them. But if 2024 goes to crap Harbaugh might still be on the table (contract offer from Michigan had 1 year no NFL rule or something like that, see how it works out) and Slowik might have entrenched himself as a bigger HC prospect too. 12 months means thousands of variables being shaken out. 

Regardless Poles needs to be back and he and Warren hopefully agree one what route to take. But stop drafting a QB high just to fire the HC/OC and then have someone else come in to try and make them fit. Bears did it with Grossman (Jauron to Lovie), Tru, and Fields. The 3 1st round QBs they have taken this century all have been part of the same moronic movement pattern. If I am Warren/Poles I would be fine letting Eberflus/Getsy know their futures with CHI are intertwined. Either they both succeed together or they will be elsewhere come 2025. 

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I've firmly planted my flag for the stance of "who is the HC?" If Eberflus is back then I want Fields to stay and to trade 1.1. 

If the Bears get do go big game hunting for Harbaugh then let him decide who he wants at QB. Be it Fields for 1 year under him (he may want a season-long look at Fields), Williams/Maye at 1.1, or JJ in the 4th (@Madmike90  lol). 

I expect Eberflus back, and have no real issue with it, unless Getsy returns. I'd rather throw them out as a pair than keep Getsy, so hopefully Flubby/Poles/Warren aim higher than him and demand more than him. I would I rather have Harbaugh or Johnson and wouldn't feel bad seeing him tossed for either of them. But if 2024 goes to crap Harbaugh might still be on the table (contract offer from Michigan had 1 year no NFL rule or something like that, see how it works out) and Slowik might have entrenched himself as a bigger HC prospect too. 12 months means thousands of variables being shaken out. 

Regardless Poles needs to be back and he and Warren hopefully agree one what route to take. But stop drafting a QB high just to fire the HC/OC and then have someone else come in to try and make them fit. Bears did it with Grossman (Jauron to Lovie), Tru, and Fields. The 3 1st round QBs they have taken this century all have been part of the same moronic movement pattern. If I am Warren/Poles I would be fine letting Eberflus/Getsy know their futures with CHI are intertwined. Either they both succeed together or they will be elsewhere come 2025. 

A thousand times yes.  I expect Eberflus back, and can live with it, but do think that they shouldn't give him a rookie QB, especially with either Getsy (Jetski, lol, love that) or ?? at OC.  This staff hasn't shown any special ability to develop offensive players outside the OL, so I'm very leery to set ourselves up for the traditional Bears QB cycle. 

I think there is also a much higher chance than people are thinking they bring back Getsy. I think we've gotten used to the Bears run game just being there for us, and I feel like it's something he can hang his hat on.  His scripts are excellent, and I think if Poles is justifying keeping people in building he can talk himself into Getsy showing progress, having some skills and developing further with another year. Not what I'd do, but I think these coaches have done enough to make the Bears "comfortable" with them, which I think is a big deal for George at least. 

If I was ranking my personal preferences-not what I think the Bears will do-it would look something like:

New coaching staff, new QB. Aim high and hope we can build an offensive juggernaut, and that a DC can run a good-very good defense with the personnel we have.

Keep Eberflus, Keep Fields.  Fields may improve some, and given how he's reigned in his erratic play as the season's gone on I think he can be a top 10-15 QB, and with a loaded roster you can go far with that. Not as good as a top 5 QB year after year, but acceptable.

Keep Eberflus, rookie QB.  Almost as much of an unkown as a new coach, would be this staff (either with or without Jetski) and a rookie.  I'd be very worried we're talking in 2025 about a new coach saving Williams or Maye's career. 

• Like 1

Roquan can be an true authority on the subject...he has shared a locker room with Fields but has no dog in the fight anymore given he is no longer on the team...his statements here are right on the nose IMO.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I can only presume you mean 4th overall? 😂

I still think JJ is better than a lot of QBs in this draft...give me him over Nix all day long...probably Penix as well...and maybe even Daniels...all three of these guys were pretty terrible at their first stops...not JJ hahaha...

@Sugashane...

😂

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Roquan can be an true authority on the subject...he has shared a locker room with Fields but has no dog in the fight anymore given he is no longer on the team...his statements here are right on the nose IMO.

He said "who do they have at WR besides Darnell Mooney" which very much destroys his credibility on the subject I think

• Like 1

Just now, TankWilliams said:

He said "who do they have at WR besides Darnell Mooney" which very much destroys his credibility on the subject I think

C'mon man you know he is not saying he doesn't know those receivers (he states he knows them having been in the same locker room as most) he is stating the obvious...who around the league knows these guys for their playmaking ability? Who knows them as any sort of threat? No one can say Scott, Velus or EQ should be a #3 WR in this league.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

C'mon man you know he is not saying he doesn't know those receivers (he states he knows them having been in the same locker room as most) he is stating the obvious...who around the league knows these guys for their playmaking ability? Who knows them as any sort of threat? No one can say Scott, Velus or EQ should be a #3 WR in this league.

my point is that he thinks that Mooney is good still and doesn't seem to know anything about DJ Moore.  We all thought Roquan was an idiot with how he forced his way out of Chicago, I'm not going to give his opinion any credit now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Fields may improve some, and given how he's reigned in his erratic play as the season's gone on I think he can be a top 10-15 QB, and with a loaded roster you can go far with that. Not as good as a top 5 QB year after year, but acceptable.

IMO, the difference between being QB5 and a QB in the 10-15 range can vary significantly year to year. Jalen Hurts is a great example of that this year. Last year he was a very worthy runner up for MVP. This year he’s been far more erratic and turnover prone to the point where I would put his 2023 season as a standalone in that 10-15 range amongst all QBs.

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

my point is that he thinks that Mooney is good still and doesn't seem to know anything about DJ Moore.  We all thought Roquan was an idiot with how he forced his way out of Chicago, I'm not going to give his opinion any credit now.

His point was that with more talent around him he thinks Fields will go off, maybe to the levels of his current QB who is about to win the MVP. Whether you agree with him or not is up to you, but let’s not miss the forest for the trees on this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

He knows about Moore man...I think his point is of the guys who aren't proper weapons you could maybe say Mooney is a receiver you have heard of...but you can't say that about anyone else...for me we need at least 2 new starting calibre WRs regardless of who the QB is...possibly 3 all in...

Him getting our of Chicago was best for everyone...Poles wasn't going to pay him...he landed with a great franchise who paid him and we got fair compensation...there is no ill will in his comments here.

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He actually says "besides Moore" and then goes to name Mooney as maybe the only other Receiver you could even name on the team, which he is absolutely correct.

The only thing he left out was Kmet, but the Mooney thing seemed more like a CYA so guys dont come after him 

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

for me we need at least 2 new starting calibre WRs regardless of who the QB is...possibly 3 all in...

When I’ve been running preliminary mocks for our offseason (under both QB scenarios) I continually find myself signing a WR and drafting two more. 

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He actually says "besides Moore" and then goes to name Mooney as maybe the only other Receiver you could even name on the team, which he is absolutely correct.

The only thing he left out was Kmet, but the Mooney thing seemed more like a CYA so guys dont come after him 

Yeah, my bad, I missed the the "besides Moore."  

28 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

When I’ve been running preliminary mocks for our offseason (under both QB scenarios) I continually find myself signing a WR and drafting two more. 

Yeah I think not only do we have a need but this WR class is not just full of elite prospects but outstanding depth.