Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

anybody else die laughing at Toney’s - Bobbled Interception 2: Electric Boogaloo? 

Like I didn’t even get mad,,, it’s just expected at this point. After all that defending of Toney over the week by the team. Reid and Mahomes collecting 150K in fines, Kelce extolling his talent on his podcast, all the talk about refs. And you wanna play volleyball on Sunday and get the ball intercepted, again. Lmao 🤣 

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Don't wish injury on anyone but I am interested to see if this eases up the excessive rotation or at the very least frees up someone who takes advantage of the opportunity:

Like you said, I don't wish injury on anyone; well mostly. But I think this is a positive for the team.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so these WRs are still a joke, but Rashee Rice is not. Number Four is an absolute Dawg. I think I’m finally seeing Andy’s endgame here with Rice and his usage all year, that slow roll of YAC, and now unleashing downfield late in the season, it’s getting to be real fun to watch. . 

The rest of these guys are likely a lost cause, and Veach deserves some criticism for that. But he deserves all the flowers for Rashee. He may just become the number one we’ve been looking for in this next chapter of Chiefs football.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:57 PM, Chiefer said:

Ok so these WRs are still a joke, but Rashee Rice is not. Number Four is an absolute Dawg. I think I’m finally seeing Andy’s endgame here with Rice and his usage all year, that slow roll of YAC, and now unleashing downfield late in the season, it’s getting to be real fun to watch. . 

The rest of these guys are likely a lost cause, and Veach deserves some criticism for that. But he deserves all the flowers for Rashee. He may just become the number one we’ve been looking for in this next chapter of Chiefs football.

I would not say lost cause. Watson is a solid WR3. He blocks well, can get open deep, and does all the little things coaches love. MVS is the true target of your ire. He plays a lot but rarely produces. 

This offseason, if we can drop MVS and add a solid veteran as WR2, I think our core will be good. Drafting a WR in round #1 is a common misconception because we cannot land a WR who would project to start right away.

37 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This offseason, if we can drop MVS and add a solid veteran as WR2, I think our core will be good. Drafting a WR in round #1 is a common misconception because we cannot land a WR who would project to start right away.

I feel fairly confident in saying that you're alone on this. Rice-vet-Moore-Toney-Watson-Ross just isn't it. And yes, with the depth of this WR class we could absolutely get a starter in the 1st round.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I would not say lost cause. Watson is a solid WR3. He blocks well, can get open deep, and does all the little things coaches love. MVS is the true target of your ire. He plays a lot but rarely produces. 

Watson can’t catch, and he doesn’t run routes right. He also doesn’t come back for the football. He gets open occasionally, but he’s just getting his cardio in like most of the Wr Corpse.

i honestly don’t understand the infatuation with him by the fanbase, he’s just a much cheaper version of MVS. I’m okay with keeping him because he’s cheap, but I barely trust him as a legit WR in this system. 

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I feel fairly confident in saying that you're alone on this. Rice-vet-Moore-Toney-Watson-Ross just isn't it. And yes, with the depth of this WR class we could absolutely get a starter in the 1st round.

Excuse me. You are saying that I am alone in thinking that Rice/MVS/Watson/Toney/etc. is a bad fit. Bullshirt.

MVS is the primary problem. If we had a solid veteran replacement for him, the rest falls in line.