Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I don’t know why, but I could see him linger. If he can’t find good money I could see him back on a MUCH lower dollar deal.  Would have thought they might have tried to rework but I think it was just too much to re-do.  He’s a good locker room guy, a good vet if we keep getting younger. And has blazing speed if we run the fly route, lol.

All we need is someone as good as he was in the playoffs--and a lot cheaper. This saves $12 MM. 

If like a guy we could count on for 4-5 catches a game, and preferably adds a dynamic to the offense. Contested catches, high point, deep ball… our defense is likely to take a step back with so many losses.  Would be nice for the offense to step forward again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

New look WR Corps:

Hollywood Brown

Rashee Rice

Xavier Worthy

Justin Watson

Skyy Moore

Justyn Ross

Kadarius Toney

how we feeling with the new additions, and the addition by subtractions of MVS and Hardman? I’m feeling pretty good about it, even with a Rice suspension looming. 

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

New look WR Corps:

Hollywood Brown

Rashee Rice

Xavier Worthy

Justin Watson

Skyy Moore

Justyn Ross

Kadarius Toney

how we feeling with the new additions, and the addition by subtractions of MVS and Hardman? I’m feeling pretty good about it, even with a Rice suspension looming. 

Its GOTTA be better than last year lol 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To add: I keep thinking about how good the offense was on the rare occasion Watkins was healthy alongside Hill n Kelce, I feel like we may see a resemblance of that again. We really haven't had a WR who could really consistently win out on his own imo since Hill. Rice is a solid WR but I feel like a lot of his targets are kinda manufactured. Not to a degree as say Mecole but Rice had a ton of those quick hitters and he would yac it up by being a brute which imo is ideal with a speedster over the top and we now have 2 of those burners again that can cut on a dime or just run by a defender.

Needless to say I'm pretty optimistic. 😎

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Its GOTTA be better than last year lol 

I think that the OL will improve this season. Smith is gone and Heck has had a year to work on Taylor. I know that several posters do not think Wanya Morris is ready for primetime the team does. At least they did not sign a FA before the draft.

The point is that Mahomes will have more time to throw. Add a deep threat who can catch the throw and things look better. Maybe they can get KT to pull his head out of that dark smelly place it spent time in last year.

6 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

To add: I keep thinking about how good the offense was on the rare occasion Watkins was healthy alongside Hill n Kelce, I feel like we may see a resemblance of that again. We really haven't had a WR who could really consistently win out on his own imo since Hill. Rice is a solid WR but I feel like a lot of his targets are kinda manufactured. Not to a degree as say Mecole but Rice had a ton of those quick hitters and he would yac it up by being a brute which imo is ideal with a speedster over the top and we now have 2 of those burners again that can cut on a dime or just run by a defender.

Needless to say I'm pretty optimistic. 😎

Shoot look at the playoffs when MVS actually showed up and could catch a football lol. Wasn’t exactly night and day but it was better than the regular season 

• Like 1

Cancel Rice for now. You always plan for the worst.

That leaves Brown, Worthy and probably Watson as starters.
Moore may have a shot - but you need one guy with a bit of size.

What amazes me is that some still have Ross that high on their list.

How much did he play? And the reason for that - if it is not injury, it obviously is performance.
He may have all the talent in the world, but did he show any of that on the field yet?

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Shoot look at the playoffs when MVS actually showed up and could catch a football lol. Wasn’t exactly night and day but it was better than the regular season 

More to the point, having a useful WR2 kicked things up a notch.

That's why a long Rice suspension will matter. Assuming that Marquis Brown is a legit WR1, who plays the other side?  There are reasons for hope. Kadarius Toney is still around. Skyy Moore could have a 3rd year surge. Justyn Ross may put something together. REason for hope but nothing solid.

12 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40069780/source-chiefs-decline-fifth-year-option-kadarius-toney

Chiefs WR, K.Toney had his 5th yr option declined by the KC Chiefs.

This was so expected that I did not post it on Friday.

That said, the FO is making noises that KT is an integral part of the plans. If Rice gets suspended then Toney will have a lot of opportunity. The first day of rookie camp is sufficient to show that Xavier Worthy is swamped. KT, Moore, and Ross will all get chances to fill the WR2 slot.

On 5/4/2024 at 5:43 AM, KC_Guy said:

Cancel Rice for now. You always plan for the worst.

That leaves Brown, Worthy and probably Watson as starters.
Moore may have a shot - but you need one guy with a bit of size.

What amazes me is that some still have Ross that high on their list.

You and I are on the same page here. I’d why I said when we drafted Worthy we should still see if we can get Boyd. There’s going to be targets, Watson will get hurt, I expect Worthy to miss time and Rice I’m not counting on anything. Forgive me if Toney the terrible hands and Skyy I can’t learn the playbook Moore don’t fill me with excitement. I’d it better than last year? 100%, but we certainly could be proactive. I’ll take Boyd over everyone but Rice, and he could play zero games, we just don’t know.

19 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You and I are on the same page here. I’d why I said when we drafted Worthy we should still see if we can get Boyd. There’s going to be targets, Watson will get hurt, I expect Worthy to miss time and Rice I’m not counting on anything. Forgive me if Toney the terrible hands and Skyy I can’t learn the playbook Moore don’t fill me with excitement. I’d it better than last year? 100%, but we certainly could be proactive. I’ll take Boyd over everyone but Rice, and he could play zero games, we just don’t know.

You know Watson will get hurt? Is he injury-prone? 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

You know Watson will get hurt? Is he injury-prone? 

I felt like he was always missing a game or two, but apparently it was more just missing from having an impact. Missed one game last year. Maybe he was banged up  more but played through it.  Not sure why my brain went there. But with 27 catches as a career high.  Not a world beater, though certainly has a role in our offense.