Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He’s getting minimal snaps, mostly special teams. He’s basically Marcus Kemp rn

Hardly.

It's true that Ross only had four offensive snaps vs the Jets but he had 29 in the blowout against against the Bears. The team is trying to get him snaps but they don't trust him the crunch yet. 

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Hardly.

It's true that Ross only had four offensive snaps vs the Jets but he had 29 in the blowout against against the Bears. The team is trying to get him snaps but they don't trust him the crunch yet. 

It was a huge blowout… that’s when the 6th WR gets snaps lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chiefer said:

It was a huge blowout… that’s when the 6th WR gets snaps lol

He's not. That would be Richie James. Ross is close to Kadarius Toney but that's for other reasons. 

The surprise is Rashee Rice who is 4th by a wide margin, playing well over 1/3 of the offensive snaps. Below is the totals through four games.

Name Pos Off# Off% Def# Def% ST# ST%

Skyy Moore WR 175 62.72% 0 0% 1 1.00%  
Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR 175 62.72% 0 0% 0 0%  
Richie James WR 26 9.32% 0 0% 18 18.00%  
Justin Watson WR 124 44.44% 0 0% 25 25.00%  
Rashee Rice WR 103 36.92% 0 0% 1 1.00%  
Kadarius Toney WR 54 19.35% 0 0% 1 1.00%  
Justyn Ross WR 48 17.20% 0 0% 36 36.00%  
Montrell Washington WR 0 0% 0 0% 19 19.00%  

Edited by onejayhawk

58 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

He's not. That would be Richie James. Ross is close to Kadarius Toney but that's for other reasons. 

The surprise is Rashee Rice who is 4th by a wide margin, playing well over 1/3 of the offensive snaps. Below is the totals through four games.

Name Pos Off# Off% Def# Def% ST# ST%

Skyy Moore WR 175 62.72% 0 0% 1 1.00%  
Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR 175 62.72% 0 0% 0 0%  
Richie James WR 26 9.32% 0 0% 18 18.00%  
Justin Watson WR 124 44.44% 0 0% 25 25.00%  
Rashee Rice WR 103 36.92% 0 0% 1 1.00%  
Kadarius Toney WR 54 19.35% 0 0% 1 1.00%  
Justyn Ross WR 48 17.20% 0 0% 36 36.00%  
Montrell Washington WR 0 0% 0 0% 19 19.00%  

Richie James is on IR so Ross is now the number 6 🙂

Number 6 WRs get to play a lot of snaps during blowouts. Not uncommon at all. 

• Like 2

To me, if you remove the drops, which from a rookie from a school where the QB didn’t have an arm that will spin it, I expect some. Rice is honestly the best performing Receiver.  He’s looked the most impressive with the ball in his hands, and has found opportunities to be open.  Catches will come as long as Andy keeps giving him chances.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

To me, if you remove the drops, which from a rookie from a school where the QB didn’t have an arm that will spin it, I expect some. Rice is honestly the best performing Receiver.  He’s looked the most impressive with the ball in his hands, and has found opportunities to be open.  Catches will come as long as Andy keeps giving him chances.

We really made him a focal point this preseason and force fed him the ball, and it’s paying some dividends so far. 

Only issue I’ve seen is the drops, and that he’s got no catches against man coverage. Only zone, something to monitor going forward.

Rice is looking like the future number one stock ⬆️ No Drops!

Ross got 4 targets, including a 3rd and long designed play Stock ⬆️ two drops is something to monitor

Skyy Moore continues to trend down after week 2 ⬇️ tons of snaps, not much production

MVS is the same ol player he always has been ➡️

Justin Watson probably has the best chemistry with Mahomes of any of the receivers not named Kelce ⬆️ 

Per @cdotharrison:

Through their first 21 games

N'Keal Harry - 47 catches, 414 yards, 4TDs

Skyy Moore - 33 catches, 373 yards, 1TD

Yes, I'm going to continue to hate on Skyy until he does something. He needs to be at the bottom of the depth chart.

Also, per a Reddit post (aka I'm not fact checking):

MVS and Skyy Moore are the Chiefs snap leaders with 430 snaps between them. Their combined production? 239 yards and 1 TD. Rashee Rice has 173 yards and 2 TDs on 123 total snaps.

We absolutely have to do something about this WR rotation.

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Per @cdotharrison:

Yes, I'm going to continue to hate on Skyy until he does something. He needs to be at the bottom of the depth chart.

No, he doesn't. MVS and his contract need to load the pine.

Rice is working his way to more playing time but he's still a work in progress. Justyn Ross even more so. 

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Also, per a Reddit post (aka I'm not fact checking):

We absolutely have to do something about this WR rotation.

We are. We keep throwing them the ball and spreading it around. It's going to be a while before Mahomes will be able to find any of them from what the defense is doing. That's why Kelce is so special.

All of that said, there are probably 25 teams around the league that would love to swap WR groups with us.

4 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

All of that said, there are probably 25 teams around the league that would love to swap WR groups with us.

No chance. Ignoring contracts, the only WR groups I wouldn't take over ours is the Bears, Cardinals, Falcons, Patriots, and Ravens. Then debatably the Steelers, Texans, Colts, and Titans.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

No chance. Ignoring contracts, the only WR groups I wouldn't take over ours is the Bears, Cardinals, Falcons, Patriots, and Ravens. Then debatably the Steelers, Texans, Colts, and Titans.

You cannot ignore the contracts. It's a package deal. Part of the appeals is the youth and upside. What about Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, NYG, Carolina, Denver. That's half the league and it still isn't close. Is Cleveland as bad as they look or is it all the QB? Who is Joe Burrow throwing to? 

Let's not forget that with all the trouble and hand-wringing, we are still top 10 in TDs and yards receiving, and top five in receptions. That's with Kelce not putting up his usual numbers and the running approaching the top 10 in yards. 

16 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The bears have DJ Moore, and Darnell Mooney, both currently better than any receiver that we have.  Ravens have Beckham, Flowers, Bateman, Duvernay and Agholor.  With competent QB play I’d probably take both those groups. With the exception of Rice and maybe Ross, I legitimately wouldn’t even have to think about swapping ANY of those players for one of our WRs.

6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

You cannot ignore the contracts. It's a package deal. Part of the appeals is the youth and upside. What about Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, NYG, Carolina, Denver. That's half the league and it still isn't close. Is Cleveland as bad as they look or is it all the QB? Who is Joe Burrow throwing to? 

Let's not forget that with all the trouble and hand-wringing, we are still top 10 in TDs and yards receiving, and top five in receptions. That's with Kelce not putting up his usual numbers and the running approaching the top 10 in yards.

I mentioned the Falcons. And I would take the Packers, Bucs, Seahawks, Giants, Panthers, and Broncos over us right now.

Cleveland has QB issues.

And are you really saying "Who is Joe Burrow throwing to?"... Guess I'm just going to have to agree to disagree here.

2 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

The bears have DJ Moore, and Darnell Mooney, both currently better than any receiver that we have.  Ravens have Beckham, Flowers, Bateman, Duvernay and Agholor.  With competent QB play I’d probably take both those groups. With the exception of Rice and maybe Ross, I legitimately wouldn’t even have to think about swapping ANY of those players for one of our WRs.

Bears were tough to include because of Moore. But their depth is lacking. I just don't know enough about Mooney.

Ravens have names at WR but I haven't been a fan of any of them really. I liked Duvernay coming out as a developmental guy. As a whole, they have a lot of drops iirc. But Pat would also be a big upgrade from Lamar.

• Chiefer changed the title to Chiefs WR Corps