Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

On 12/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, D82 said:

I mean, I said this same thing quite staunchly all last season. To not let recency bias overwrite what we know about what Dak is as a player and what his entire career has looked like.

While everyone wanted to paint him as some super failure for his poor season, I was always trying to remind people just how good he had been throughout his tenure. There's a reason he is near every Dallas passing record despite having fewer seasons logged than Romo. There's a reason he was in MVP consideration for the majority of two or three seasons, a reason he was rookie of the year, and a reason Dallas had a complete resurgence once he got behind center. 

I will never say Dak became what he was paid to become. And I'll never list him in the upper echelon of NFL passers and all time greats. But the way people here made him sound last year and all off season because of one poor year - marred by horrific Playcalling and a very complex passing game that is just simply not the modern style anymore - was just wrong. He is a good quarterback who wins games, scores points, and just like any QB, also can have a bad day once in a while. Dallas fans are so hated in my former home town in NYC not because of division rivalry. But because they are the ultimate all or nothing fan base - throw a pick and he should never play again. Throw a great score and he's hall of Fame bound. win a tight one and there's no way we don't win a title. Lose a bad one and every good player on the team needs to be traded immediately. And that is the exact treatment Dak got on this forum for his performance last year.

And as I said then and will say again now - the truth is far more in the middle than either of those two extremes.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 6:55 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Brandon Aubrey needs to go 5/5 or better over the next two games to finish with the most made field goals in a season without a miss. It would be just the 4th time in history (min. 20 attempts) 

Needs 26 points to set the record for points by a kicker in a season. 

This kinda worries me a lot.  I remember the last time a kicker had a huge streak of not missing FG’s as they entered the playoffs.  Didn’t end well for that team.  

I also guess everyone is afraid to start a game day thread for the game upcoming in TWO days

42 minutes ago, TVScout said:

This play will forever be championed by Cowboy fans while at the same time be mared by the no- call push off as seen by Cowboy haters.

Say what you will, it was a push off. And when I saw the flag fly, even at 4 years old, I was like "ohhhhhhh fuuuuudddddggggee"

Only I didn't say fudge.