Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

19 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Cowboys had the least productive rookie class in the league this season, per ESPN

https://x.com/dmn_cowboys/status/1748011395281502400?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

smells of 2009 draft all over again! This was by far McClays biggest bust of a draft class. 

Well, it's a bit inaccurate since Overshown didn't get to play and he was getting high praise in camp. Also, they missed, on what I believe was an opportunity to add another dimension to the offense that may have really helped our running game. They didn't utilize Vaughn at all!

I get he is undersized but they kept using him like a RB to spell Pollard, early on. He needs to be used in a way that would isolate him on a LB or DB. Wheel routes, bubble screens, etc. The few plays that they did use him that way he was cracking 8 to 10 yards.

Just testament to how lost our coaching staff is and will be for next year.

As for Smith and Schoonmaker, 1 and 2, trade em for a good ballbag!

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

I’d think the players would be beyond pissed. It’s a great way to turn fans on players as well. 
But, I’m highly confident Jerry loves it. Making the rounds this morning, it made every single program. 

16 hours ago, D82 said:

Didn't we also trade a 2024 4th round pick for Trey Lance, who had already lost his job as backup to Sam freakin Darnold, when we had Cooper Rush on our roster who went 5-1 as starting QB last season?  He also didn't pay a single snap this season, despite several garbage time games where we pulled Dak 

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Didn't we also trade a 2024 4th round pick for Trey Lance, who had already lost his job as backup to Sam freakin Darnold, when we had Cooper Rush on our roster who went 5-1 as starting QB last season?  He also didn't pay a single snap this season, despite several garbage time games where we pulled Dak 

Yup.