Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

20 hours ago, D82 said:

At one time I really thought SJ might be the cure for Jerry. unfortunately he’s just a continuation of the same disease. 

At least I have Detroit to fall back on at this stage in my life. Jumping on bandwagons makes me feel dirty, but it’s better than the yearly circle jerk I get being a Dallas fan.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

At one time I really thought SJ might be the cure for Jerry. unfortunately he’s just a continuation of the same disease. 

At least I have Detroit to fall back on at this stage in my life. Jumping on bandwagons makes me feel dirty, but it’s better than the yearly circle jerk I get being a Dallas fan.

I really enjoyed cheering for Houston this year. I never thought I'd have a second team, but...here we are.

Top 5 candidates vote getters for awards were announced:

MVP - Dak, along with Purdy, CMC, Lamar and Allen

OPY - Dak and CeeDee along with T Hill, Lamar and CMC

DPY - Bland and Parsons along with Crosby, Garrett and Watt. 

Cowboys have 5 nominations for 3 awards. And we were a first round bow out of the playoffs. Insane 

10 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Cowboys have 5 nominations for 3 awards. And we were a first round bow out of the playoffs. Insane 

Just goes to show how F'ed we are.

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'll also add, and this very well can change as we get closer to the new 2024 season. But as long as I have been a Cowboy fan and had Sunday Ticket for almost 30 years, as of right now, I'm finding myself having a real hard time getting motivated about this team.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

I'll also add, and this very well can change as we get closer to the new 2024 season. But as long as I have been a Cowboy fan and had Sunday Ticket for almost 30 years, as of right now, I'm finding myself having a real hard time getting motivated about this team. I just want to get off this merry go 'round ride. 

11 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

23 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

But, they’ve sold out every game home and away since 2002. That’s what counts….and high Nielsen ratings. We’re #1. 👍

Belichick, Quinn, Vrabel, Ben Johnson

3 2 head coaching vacancies left available (ATL, WAS, SEA). Who gets left out in the cold?

Edited by ware94
Raheem Morris has taken Atlanta job

2 hours ago, ware94 said:

Belichick, Quinn, Vrabel, Ben Johnson

3 2 head coaching vacancies left available (ATL, WAS, SEA). Who gets left out in the cold?

Who went to Atl? I didn't think they hired anyone yet?

EDIT: never mind...Morris.

Edited by HDsportsfan

Belicheck could get 'left' out because of his requirements

Ben Johnson would be my guess to WAS, Vrabel or Quinn to SEA - Quinn's history is less impressive than Vrabel's so if we ignore "past ties" then Vrabel should get that job.

20 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Belicheck could get 'left' out because of his requirements

Ben Johnson would be my guess to WAS, Vrabel or Quinn to SEA - Quinn's history is less impressive than Vrabel's so if we ignore "past ties" then Vrabel should get that job.

Is it though? Quinn at least got his squad to the Super Bowl, and coached a defense that won one. 

50 minutes ago, D82 said:

Is it though? Quinn at least got his squad to the Super Bowl, and coached a defense that won one. 

Quinn as a HC took over a Super Bowl contender and went 8-8 after a 5-0 start.  The next year they went 11-5 and made it back to the Super Bowl but then blew a 28-3 lead.  He then proceeded to run the team into the ground before getting fired after posting a 7-9 season then an 0-5 start.  This was under Arthur Blank, one of the leagues best owners who is notorious for spending and giving his coaches/GM whatever they need to win.

Vrabel as a HC took over a 9-7 Titans team and built them up to a 12-5 team with back to back division wins with absolute garbage to work with outside of Henry, including Mariota who he inherited and Tannehill.  He was also the 2021-22 AP Coach of the Year despite working under Strunk and Underwood, notorious tightwads who do as little as possible to keep their franchise afloat.

Quinn as a DC in Dallas has had numerous top picks and tons of capital invested, but got abused in the playoffs by Stenavich/Love and Shanahan/Purdy.  He literally let Love throw for 200yds on passes to WIDE OPEN blown coverages because of his failure as a coach.