The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't know if you watched, but his quads and hamstrings were tight the whole time. It was clear he wasn't 100%.

Agreed, and also his weight was very low (245). That’s basically 30 pounds less than his listed weight at UW (274).

I don’t know what was going on, honestly. Maybe sick or actually injured? Or could just be terrible combine prep?

He was never going to be super-bendy or a freakish first-step guy. If his combine prep advisors were trying to have him present that way, they were just so far off the mark. Being pigeonholed in that way limits his draft stock (you’re not going top 15 if you aren’t some hyper-explosive pass rush type, just ask Latu in a couple months), but he just needs to be who he is. 

A guy like Marshawn Kneeland had a much better day than Trice, being exactly the guy that Trice is supposed to be.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't know if you watched, but his quads and hamstrings were tight the whole time. It was clear he wasn't 100%.

Talking about his length and weight. I needed him to come in at 270

• Like 2

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

. Being pigeonholed in that way limits his draft stock (you’re not going top 15 if you aren’t some hyper-explosive pass rush type, just ask Latu in a couple months), but he just needs to be who he is. 

Latu hopes he gave those “I can fix him” numbers

• Like 1

The more others improve their draft stock, the more I see Brock Bowers falling down mock drafts. A kings ransom for #2 AND Brock Bowers would be one hell of a consolation prize IMO.

On 2/28/2024 at 7:23 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

https://theathletic.com/5301341/2024/02/28/caleb-williams-quarterback-nfl-draft-ownership/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign=9118630&userId=4430697

I’m just going to say, if dad is the agent and attempting to find loopholes in rookie contracts and trying for team ownership (which was already rumored), I want no part of Caleb Williams.  And I have a feeling that it is entirely possible that if this kind of stuff continues, #2 might be the worst position to have in this draft.  

I still want him bc of the talent but this is a major problem. It’s not only a problem for teams but this is a Union issue as well. Actual agents know you can’t change the rookie contracts that much bc it was agreed to by the NFL & the NFLPA. His dad could get himself in a lot of trouble and then put a bad mark on his son if he does this.

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

The more others improve their draft stock, the more I see Brock Bowers falling down mock drafts. A kings ransom for #2 AND Brock Bowers would be one hell of a consolation prize IMO.

Here's my concern about TE now - and granted, Kliff never had a Bowers but... in his 4 years at Arizona, TEs only eclipsed 500 yards once, with low TD counts. I didn't go back and look at college, but I would be concerned about investing too much into a TE with Kliff at the helm. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Here's my concern about TE now - and granted, Kliff never had a Bowers but... in his 4 years at Arizona, TEs only eclipsed 500 yards once, with low TD counts. I didn't go back and look at college, but I would be concerned about investing too much into a TE with Kliff at the helm. 

I really wouldn't worry about Kliffs past with TEs. I literally could not tell you who played TE for Arizona during his HC stint. What I do know, is Dan Quinn and his entire staff are talking about player utililization in a really positive way IMO. 

Obviously there is a 0.00001% chance we would consider Bowers even if we traded down because of the OLine need and possibly a WR/DE being valued over him, but I really think Bowers fits into any offense. He is the ultimate safety blanket IMO.

24 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I really wouldn't worry about Kliffs past with TEs. I literally could not tell you who played TE for Arizona during his HC stint. What I do know, is Dan Quinn and his entire staff are talking about player utililization in a really positive way IMO. 

Obviously there is a 0.00001% chance we would consider Bowers even if we traded down because of the OLine need and possibly a WR/DE being valued over him, but I really think Bowers fits into any offense. He is the ultimate safety blanket IMO.

@MikeT14Kingsbury had Zach Ertz most of 2021 & in 2022.

In 2022 Ertz only played 10 games but in those 10 games he had 47 recs, 406 yds & 4 TDs. That’s good production for 10 games.

You’d think if Ertz had stayed healthy in 2022 he’d get near 70 recs, 700 yds & 7 TDs.

• Like 1