The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I actually think Bowers is incredibly overrated. 

The most productive TE in history in the best college football conference in history with not one really noteworthy QB. I think this is a crazy thing where the injury happened and the tape isn’t fresh and he’s not this monster specimen but the guys legit amazing on tape.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Chad Forbes

“Drake Maye isn’t just the QB1 on Adam Peters’ Board. He’s the QB1 on Kliff Kingsbury’s Board”

I think this is way too early too know. Let’s be honest. What team has a board up currently? Especially a guy who is coming from another organization. I think they are playing this perfectly. Quinn saying Daniels is a game changer. Cliff reportably doesn’t want a run centric QB and now their board it Drake Maye is QB1. I have a feeling that really nothing is coming out and honestly I think I’d be more inclined to believe a report from a San Fran Journalist on Peter’s thinking then a current local media

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Watched some Ben Sinnott highlights and I like what I see. High energy and plays with a lot of swagger. This TE class kind of sucks so his stock might skyrocket and he could sneak into Round 2. I like him better than Ja'Tavion Sanders. 

JaTavion Sanders could end up at the end of Rnd 1. I think Sinnott is separating himself from Stover, but I don't think he is catching up to Sanders as TE2.

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

JaTavion Sanders could end up at the end of Rnd 1. I think Sinnott is separating himself from Stover, but I don't think he is catching up to Sanders as TE2.

Only takes one with Theo too 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What trade down dream? I never thought you could trade down and get Bowers. My thought when we were picking between 5-10 was he'll either most likely not be there or that you'll have to take him at the pick you have. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of trading down. Never have been. I think you lose out on talent most of the time doing it. 

I mean, if we went from 2 to 6, what are you doing? Probably taking Bowers. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, if we went from 2 to 6, what are you doing? Probably taking Bowers. 

I taking the best OT available.

I also wouldn't trade with the Giants. 

Edited by Slappy Mc

Well I guess everyone will now love worthy like I been saying all season!!! Dude is electric and that time just put him where he should have been ranked all along cause he plays electric

To me in this year’s draft it seems that the offensive side of the ball are predominantly the stronger pool of players. IMO it’s a weak defensive class and would turn my attention to FA for defensive players. 
DE, CB, LB. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I taking the best OT available.

I also wouldn't trade with the Giants. 

If we moved down I think I am too. Give me whatever is left of Alt and Fash. 

(I only chose 6 because it was the first thing that popped into my head)

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

To me in this year’s draft it seems that the offensive side of the ball are predominantly the stronger pool of players.

100%

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMO it’s a weak defensive class and would turn my attention to FA for defensive players. 
DE, CB, LB. 

The top of end of the corner class seems strong again this year. I haven't looked into the depth of it much yet this year. 

OL 49ers have drafted the last few years. 

Here's a look at some of the players he drafted in the last few years on the offensive line ...

2018: Mike McGlinchey - 1st round (9)

2019: Justin Skule - 6th round (183)

2020: Colton McKivitz - 5th round (153)

2021: Aaron Banks - 2nd round (48)

2022: Spencer Burford - 4th round (134)

2022: Nick Zakelj - 6th round (187)

Not really household names but you’re really relying on your scouting department and your coaches. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

OL 49ers have drafted the last few years. 

Here's a look at some of the players he drafted in the last few years on the offensive line ...

2018: Mike McGlinchey - 1st round (9)

2019: Justin Skule - 6th round (183)

2020: Colton McKivitz - 5th round (153)

2021: Aaron Banks - 2nd round (48)

2022: Spencer Burford - 4th round (134)

2022: Nick Zakelj - 6th round (187)

Not really household names but you’re really relying on your scouting department and your coaches. 

Well, when you fleece a team for the best LT in the league, you're off to a good start already :) 

• Like 1