The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Awesome 😎

That definitely puts us in striking distance to get Bowers, Fashanu or Alt if those two are gone.

I know getting Bowers would be nice but Ive been on the Fashanu train for awhile now and I hope we have a shot at him especially having a young QB. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I know getting Bowers would be nice but Ive been on the Fashanu train for awhile now and I hope we have a shot at him especially having a young QB. 

Bowers is my favorite player in this draft but I'd have to take Fashanu if faced with that. Fashanu is so good and maybe you could get Cade Stover later in the draft. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

If Arizona finishes ahead of the Patriots for #2 overall, would you trade up from #5 for Maye? It shouldn’t cost too much ammo.

Im not sure if I would trade up but if I did I would only trade up for C. Williams. Don’t know how the new ownership views SH.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

If Arizona finishes ahead of the Patriots for #2 overall, would you trade up from #5 for Maye? It shouldn’t cost too much ammo.

No. I don't think that highly of Maye and I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Howell. I understand I'm probably alone in that but Howell has been more than I expected and I'd like to build around him. 

28 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Don’t know if MHJR is blowing smoke but he says he’s still not sure if he’s leaving OSU.

I’d say he's undecided but I can't imagine him not entering the draft if he's going to be a top 3 pick but we've seen it before. Andrew Luck could've left a year early and been the #1 pick in the 2011 draft but he chose to go back to Stanford for one more year. Most guys when they know they'll be a 1st round pick enter the draft though.

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No. I don't think that highly of Maye and I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Howell. I understand I'm probably alone in that but Howell has been more than I expected and I'd like to build around him. 

I love Howell but I think Maye has the higher ceiling just based off his size.

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Im not sure if I would trade up but if I did I would only trade up for C. Williams. Don’t know how the new ownership views SH.

This is true and depending the next 5 games Howell is going up against good defenses . All and all I’d like to still rebuild the OL and do this the right way. Howell has  shown he can throw the ball around when given time .