The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

There goes Donovan Edwards the RB I want to draft to replace Gibson/McKissic as pass catching RB on the 41-TD run!

And there goes Donovan Edwards with a 2nd long TD run. This time a 46-yard TD.

Two carries, 87 yards & 2 TDs.

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Michigans O-Line is destroying Washington's defense.

They definitely have a few guys we should draft off that OL, one isn't playing bc of his injury. But I’d like to draft their center Nugent in R4 or West Virginia’s C Frazier in R3, Zak Zinter their All-American G who got hurt during the season in R4 or 5 & an OT they have we should consider in R6 or 7, Ladarius Henderson.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, e16bball said:

Weird, Penix doesn’t have an hour to throw and he’s struggling with it. 

Funny I was going to talk about how bad McCarthy looks today.

Penix's injury history would steer me away entirely until our second 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Penix's injury history would steer me away entirely until our second 2nd round pick.

Yeah, I think that’s around where I’d be with Penix. Feels like a 2nd rounder to me — one of those guys that are not going to carry you, but could probably execute pretty effectively as a distributor in a well-stocked offense. 

I’ve never really seen it with McCarthy, just because I don’t really buy that a pure game manager in college is somehow going to turn into a guy who carries a whole offense in the league. To believe he’s capable of that, I’d really love to have seen it at some point in college.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Yep, I've been saying that about Penix all year & McCarthy I wouldn't touch in R1 either. McCarthy has never impressed me, he screams NFL backup QB to me. He's meh. If Michigan didn't have the best run game in the nation the last 3 years & a great D there's no way McCarthy would've led Michigan to the CFP the last 2 years just on his arm Alone.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Are you sure you don't want to take him at 2? 😂 

That’s a rock hard pass.

I’m not a Penix hater or anything…I actually was on him years ago as a freshman at IU.

But I do get a bit frustrated when some of these hot take artists and especially the metrics people start to pop up saying stuff like “oh, the scouts have had it totally wrong for years, Penix/Daniels were way more efficient than Williams/Maye this year, and they should be slotted above them.” Wish it was that simple, but it isn’t. Putting aside the age/experience thing, the protection was so much better for those guys, and both of them have at least two (and maybe three) receivers better than anyone Williams/Maye had. Comparing their production — or even their tape — on even footing just isn’t telling the real story when it comes to evaluating them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yep, I've been saying that about Penix all year & McCarthy I wouldn't touch in R1 either. McCarthy has never impressed me, he screams NFL backup QB to me. He's meh. If Michigan didn't have the best run game in the nation the last 3 years & a great D there's no way McCarthy would've led Michigan to the CFP the last 2 years just on his arm Alone.

I 100% agree with this take. Its very evident by this championship game that if the game was on McCarthy's shoulders they wouldn't be here.

• Like 1