Better Player: Kevin Durant V Stephen Curry

mdonnelly21

30 members have voted

1. 1. Better Player

• Stephen Curry
    • Kevin Durant

1 hour ago, Darkness said:

The Warriors have the best defense in the league with or without Curry

Shows you how good offense can also translate into good defense. Force other teams into bad shots.

But obviously they play good defense regardless. Not gonna say that they don't, because they do.

6 hours ago, Darkness said:

The Warriors have the best defense in the league with or without Curry

No way.

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Their offense has also been sooo much worse.

Offensive rating before Curry injury: 114.6
Offensive rating after Curry injury: 105.9

Defensive rating before Curry injury: 101.7
Defensive rating after Curry Injury: 98.7

Well yes, when you're missing BOTH of your point guards along with DPOY Green, I'd expect there to be some regression.  It's not just been Curry out.

Doesn't change that Durant is a whole tier above Curry and it's asinine to even consider starting a franchise with Curry over Durant.

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:
14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Their offense has also been sooo much worse.

Offensive rating before Curry injury: 114.6
Offensive rating after Curry injury: 105.9

Defensive rating before Curry injury: 101.7
Defensive rating after Curry Injury: 98.7

Well yes, when you're missing BOTH of your point guards along with DPOY Green, I'd expect there to be some regression.  It's not just been Curry out.

Doesn't change that Durant is a whole tier above Curry and it's asinine to even consider starting a franchise with Curry over Durant.

Oh, now you mention all the other players missing.  Funny you didn't mention it in the initial post I quoted.  Missing DPOY Green wasn't mentioned when you said the Warriors' defense was better without Curry.

Curry has a bigger impact on the Warriors' success than Durant does.

On 12/31/2017 at 12:41 AM, seminoles1 said:

Oh, now you mention all the other players missing.  Funny you didn't mention it in the initial post I quoted.  Missing DPOY Green wasn't mentioned when you said the Warriors' defense was better without Curry.

Curry has a bigger impact on the Warriors' success than Durant does.

Yes because the defense is better even with Green missing.  All that does is strengthen my point.   I really don't understand what you're getting at.  If you lose two players.  One is bad on defense, one is a DPOY, and you still get BETTER on defense that just tells me that the player who is bad on defense is so bad that his absence is better for the defense than having a DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.  

Am I missing something?  Your "point" does nothing but prove that Curry is overrated and a black hole on defense.

On 12/30/2017 at 9:28 PM, Darkness said:

With | Without their starting point guard

Durant

52.3 FG, 40.2 | 46.5 FG, 38 3PT

Thompson

50.5 FG, 40.7 3PT | 44.7 FG, 40.7 3PT

Green 

46.0, 34.9 3PT | 42.2 FG, 22.2 3PT

Fixed that one for you.

I've already pointed this out before.  If you're down without your starting point guard (and his backup for a long stretch of time) on a team that has only two point guards on it to start with, yes the offense is going to suffer.  And yes the offense also suffered because Curry is an all time shooter.

But if you're going into next season and have a full off season to design the team, you're much better off replacing Curry with a mid-level guy like Jeff Teague than replacing a guy like Durant with a mid level guy like Nicholas Batum.   Again, with a full off season, you're not going to go into the season with Livingston as your only point guard on the roster.   If you had a lineup of Klay-Kawhi-Davis-Porzingis, that team would still struggle if it does not have a point guard on the roster.   That is more indicative of that you need a ball handler in the NBA than you need Steph Curry.  

On 1/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, tonyto36 said:

But if you're going into next season and have a full off season to design the team, you're much better off replacing Curry with a mid-level guy like Jeff Teague than replacing a guy like Durant with a mid level guy like Nicholas Batum.

get the [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] outta here

Archived