Week 3 GDT - Jets vs. Patriots: Merry Excursion to The Big Apple

LD696

7 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Is Stevenson not all he’s cracked up to be or is this line really just that bad??? 

Poor offensive line play for the most part. The interior line (which is supposed to be their strong point) has consistently been getting blown up. With that said, I've had some questions about Stevenson's vision this season. They're technically in a new system and the true starting unit has only been together for a week so I expect it to get better eventually.

On 9/25/2023 at 2:20 PM, Dan33185 said:

Mac Jones...I thought going in this was a make or break year for him. Through 3 games, I'm still as unsure about what to think of him as I was going in to the season. He can make some plays that make you think he's got what it takes, but then he makes some plays that makes you wonder how he's even on the roster. He's not bad enough to lose you games singlehandedly, but he's not really good enough to win them singlehandedly. Not sure what to think at this point.

Yep I'm in the same boat. His rookie season gives me hope and I'm willing to give him a pass last season because of the failed OC experiment. We've only got 3 games to go by with BOB so I need some more data. I think by the end of the season I can get a much better idea of what he is. 

I’m in the middle of a stress ridden move and was unable to see the game up until just before the hail mary Jets drive but I’m not surprised by the result. I heard the call of the ending on the radio too.

I’ve been frustrated for years on these forums with the decision and lack of initiative by the Pats. They could’ve easily won more and capitalized on their years with Brady more than they did. They cheated for a while and got so pissy about it from the head coach on out that now it seems like their resistant to anything outside of what the head coach thinks. This is it for the coaches this year and then they’re all out.

On 9/26/2023 at 5:08 PM, BillSabre said:

Is Stevenson not all he’s cracked up to be or is this line really just that bad??? 

IMO he dancing to much. He needs to hit the hole. If it's 5 yard run take the five yards.  I not sure what he's thinking. Maybe contract, needs big numbers or he putting to much pressure on himself to make a big play. Something we need and don't have.

Also which is a given the OL not helping at all.  Especially Strange, the side they run to. He getting pushed back or stood up in the hole. I know he's injured but this has been his problem from the get go.

On 9/27/2023 at 6:51 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I think Mac has it to be a legit franchise QB. He's not the issue at all, for me.

Not saying he's great, but he's usable and we can get to 10 or 11 wins with him. We NEED more offensive line and weapons talent though. Come on.

They called Tua a bust.  Gave him a HC/GM that understands today's NFL and can identity offensive talent and now he's the talk of the NFL. Side note when Tua was going bad he was coached by an ex Patriot coach, hmmm!

Also there are only ( they say) 4 QBs that single-handedly win without top talent in the NFL.   I say one Mahomes and it was a lot harder when he didn't have a top OL.

IMO  Mac has no way to show his game with the Patriots. The GM is a complete failure when it comes to offense, FACT.  The list is long , but here is some major reason why Mac doesn't have a chance.

1. WR  Jags. Your two best WR are Parker and JuJu !!!!!!!  

2. OL disaster.  Pats best is "part time" Trent Brown. Who in there right mind would rely on him. He should of been gone 2 years ago.

3. 3rd down back

4. Horrible (offense) draft, players and draft management.

5. Another (3) OC for a young QB still using BB outdated offensive philosophy .

6. FA offense disaster.  Who lets go of a WR that is Mac's go to guy, Meyers ?

Come to think about it, Pat Mahomes would struggle in this offense.  Brady's last year he struggled, chucking the ball away to avoid a sack, as well.

Will Mac be a good QB? we will never know, becasue BB  has failed on the offensive side of the ball and that will not change until he gone.

Edited by m haynes

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

They called Tua a bust.  Gave him a HC/GM that understands today's NFL and can identity offensive talent and now he's the talk of the NFL. Side note when Tua was going bad he was coached by an ex Patriot coach, hmmm!

Also there are only ( they say) 4 QBs that single-handedly win without top talent in the NFL.   I say one Mahomes and it was a lot harder when he didn't have a top OL.

IMO  Mac has no way to show his game with the Patriots. The GM is a complete failure when it comes to offense, FACT.  The list is long , but here is some major reason why Mac doesn't have a chance.

2. OL disaster.  Pats best is "part time" Trent Brown. Who in there right mind would rely on him. He should of been gone 2 years ago.

3. 3rd down back

Come to think about it, Pat Mahomes would struggle in this offense.  Brady's last year he struggled, chucking the ball away to avoid a sack, as well.

Will Mac be a good QB? we will never know, becasue BB  has failed on the offensive side of the ball and that will not change until he gone.

Yep.

there was a poll in Comparisons, titled something like “which of these three will have the best career”. It was Jones, Tua and Zach. Zach was clearly losing, but it was very close between Tua and Mac otherwise. This was before the start of last season.

all of a sudden, he has Hill and Waddle, and he’s putting up crazy stats, and consequently Tua dominates that poll. 

Tua is now the second best QB in the league if you look at the thread started yesterday in Gen, about ranking the QBs.

it doesn’t take a genius to connect the dots.

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

3. 3rd down back

I mean, of course Mac would be better with better coaching and players. Right now most would have him ranked like 19-22 range. But comparing his situation to Tua, eh. Tua was an elite prospect, Mac was not. Tua’s ceiling was always Top 5 QB. Mac’s absolute ceiling is more like Top 12 QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

I mean, of course Mac would be better with better coaching and players. Right now most would have him ranked like 19-22 range. But comparing his situation to Tua, eh. Tua was an elite prospect, Mac was not. Tua’s ceiling was always Top 5 QB. Mac’s absolute ceiling is more like Top 12 QB.

I see your point however I don't give credence to Tua being an elite quarterback  quarterback. In college absolutely but I can give you a thousand of those. Tua his first couple years there was talk he was a bust you give him weapons and give him a couch now he's considered one of the best I just connect the dots you might not like Matt but he put up better numbers his senior year than two of them and basically you're comparing the same team with the two QBs.  No I'm not saying next elite but neither is to tua you flip them then we'll talk but that will never happen.

On 9/29/2023 at 5:13 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Tua was an elite prospect, Mac was not.  Tua’s ceiling was always Top 5 QB.

I never considered him a Elite (prospect) QB, in college... yes.  Many other College elite QBs bombed in the pros Ex Johnny Manziel, Ryan Leaf,Andre Ware, Eric Crouch ... many more that never made it. .  Tua was on that path until they gave him (major) help.

Mac's SR numbers were better than Tua with basically the same team. 

My point is Mac would have the same success if you flipped teams with Tua .  Tua would struggle playing with the crap the Pats have on offense.

There was a lot of talk before the draft that SF was taking Mac. They should have, IMO he would highly successful  in SF offense. 

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

I never considered him a Elite (prospect) QB, in college... yes.  Many other College elite QBs bombed in the pros Ex Johnny Manziel, Ryan Leaf,Andre Ware, Eric Crouch ... many more that never made it. .  Tua was on that path until they gave him (major) help.

Mac's SR numbers were better than Tua with basically the same team. 

My point is Mac would have the same success if you flipped teams with Tua .  Tua would struggle playing with the crap the Pats have on offense.

There was a lot of talk before the draft that SF was taking Mac. They should have, IMO he would highly successful  in SF offense. 

Mac would not be having Tua level success on the Dolphins.