Week 4: VIKINGS (0-3) at Panthers (0-3)

swede700

26 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Wow. 

this team, man. 

Yeah, if they got 0-4 time to just move on from Kirk Cousins, get ready to draft...

Caleb Williams USC JR
Drake Maye UNC RS SOPH
Quinn Ewers Texas RS SOPH
Michael Penix Jr Washington RS
Shedeur Sanders Colorado JR
Jayden Daniels LSU RS

Would love to get Drake Maye but that would mean they would need the 2nd pick overall. Ewers is more in the 5-13 range and others below that possibly.  Penix, Sanders and Daniels play in a wide open spread and not very pro style.  Ewers does not always and does do a lot of play action off the run game and has as much arm talent as any QB on the list.  Ewers should be the target unless the Vikings are one of the worst two teams in the NFL at the end of the year.  Kirk has guts, has really got beat up for years on Minnesota but he also wins nothing in terms of meaningful victories.  He is one of the highest paid players in the history of the NFL but not much to show for it outside of statistical success.

PS The defense needs to start showing way more enthusiasm, even for little players.  It matters and helps the energy of the unit overall.  Hopefully that TD can spark them, and honestly any positive play defensively should be celebrated as a unit, not by a photo in the end zone or a stupid dance, just teammate congratulations!  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Yeah, if they got 0-4 time to just move on from Kirk Cousins, get ready to draft...

Caleb Williams USC JR
Drake Maye UNC RS SOPH
Quinn Ewers Texas RS SOPH
Michael Penix Jr Washington RS
Shedeur Sanders Colorado JR
Jayden Daniels LSU RS

Would love to get Drake Maye but that would mean they would need the 2nd pick overall. Ewers is more in the 5-13 range and others below that possibly.  Penix, Sanders and Daniels play in a wide open spread and not very pro style.  Ewers does not always and does do a lot of play action off the run game and has as much arm talent as any QB on the list.  Ewers should be the target unless the Vikings are one of the worst two teams in the NFL at the end of the year.  Kirk has guts, has really got beat up for years on Minnesota but he also wins nothing in terms of meaningful victories.  He is one of the highest paid players in the history of the NFL but not much to show for it outside of statistical success.

PS The defense needs to start showing way more enthusiasm, even for little players.  It matters and helps the energy of the unit overall.  Hopefully that TD can spark them, and honestly any positive play defensively should be celebrated as a unit, not by a photo in the end zone or a stupid dance, just teammate congratulations!  

No. 

• Like 1

Davenport on the down DT spot, love it of course.  Do it 30-50% of the game potentially and get some action inside, especially on most 3rd downs.  

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

No. 

Vikings winning the Super Bowl this year?  They are going up against one of the worst teams in the league with a rookie starting QB, and most likely if they win they barely win.  You want to pay Kirk from here on out as if he is a top 5 player in the NFL?  I don't, and honestly they cannot anyway, get a new QB and move on with some fresh cash to use on other positions.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

Davenport on the down DT spot, love it of course.  Do it 30-50% of the game potentially and get some action inside, especially on most 3rd downs.  

Vikings winning the Super Bowl this year?  They are going up against one of the worst teams in the league with a rookie starting QB, and most likely if they win they barely win.  You want to pay Kirk from here on out as if he is a top 5 player in the NFL?  I don't, and honestly they cannot anyway, get a new QB and move on with some fresh cash to use on other positions.  

In a thread about bananas, you are again talking about beef liver. Yes, they are both food. No they are not the same topic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

You want to pay Kirk from here on out as if he is a top 5 player in the NFL?  

I respect your knowledge of draft prospect, but I can’t take you seriously when you say stuff like this. What are you even talking about? The post didn’t say that, and Kirk has never been close to that. Ridiculous.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I respect your knowledge of draft prospect, but I can’t take you seriously when you say stuff like this. What are you even talking about? The post didn’t say that, and Kirk has never been close to that. Ridiculous.

can't we just watch the present game and discuss it instead?

i mean, we have other threads about Cousins' future or draft prospects that @Ozzy could be more on topic with there. i'd say don't encourage him to be off topic here.