Cleansing Packers 2024 Mock Off-Season

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

This is the closest I’ve come to watching college football.

I will never forget that play. Watching LVN highlights and his pick six was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life of football.

It reminds me of the pick six by Darren Sharper that got me into football in the first place.

I will literally cry if the Packers don’t draft him and if they do also.

Where do you think Dejean fits in the Packers scheme?  I'm thinking he would replace Nixon as the Star Nickel corner, or either starting safety.  He's also a good return guy and might find a role there as well if the Packers move on from Nixon after the season.  

35 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Where do you think Dejean fits in the Packers scheme?  I'm thinking he would replace Nixon as the Star Nickel corner, or either starting safety.  He's also a good return guy and might find a role there as well if the Packers move on from Nixon after the season.  

Depends on who our coordinator is.

But ideally have him start at safety. The prototypical free safety. Centerfield. Just so we don’t ruin him by throwing too much at him right away or wasting his talent.

If Barry is still around, put him in the star role and let him not be ruined too badly by Barry.

Second, third, fourth year I expect him to play everywhere. He’s the cash back Pettine tried turning what’s his face into. He could play pretty much any position except boundary corner, and even that sometimes depending on who we’re playing.

His best asset is being able to move him around.

Dude was like a 17 sport athlete.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

What do you think we could get for Preston Smith before the trade deadline? 

So I assume all of Preston's signing bonuses and restructures would accelerate into this year. So roughly $14M accelerates into this year. His dead cap would be roughly $19M, and we only have about $8M in cap for the year. So it's probably impossible.

The receiving team would get him on a three year deal with cap hits of $11M, $13M, $14M. So he's maybe $10M/year below the top of the market, but he's not a top of the market player. 

All that's to say, he's probably staying put in GB. He could be more of a trade candidate in the offseason.