2nd Quarter

Louis Friend

The team has some glaring issues. They're susceptible to a good running QB and the offense has a real inability to finish drives with 6.

McNeil and Anzalone have been incredible. Gibbs looks to be coming on really strong and Monty has been great. We all know how good LaPorta has been. ARSB is the man. The offensive line has performed really, really well considering all of the injuries and subs.

I really worry about leaving Buggs off the active roster. He's too good to be losing a spot to developmental players.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The team has some glaring issues. They're susceptible to a good running QB and the offense has a real inability to finish drives with 6.

McNeil and Anzalone have been incredible. Gibbs looks to be coming on really strong and Monty has been great. We all know how good LaPorta has been. ARSB is the man. The offensive line has performed really, really well considering all of the injuries and subs.

I really worry about leaving Buggs off the active roster. He's too good to be losing a spot to developmental players.

The mobile QBs is for sure an issue and will require a very good LB and scheme to contain.  We need more development from Campbell and also more pass rush from the opposite DE from Hutch.  

Yesterday we struggled to turn solid drives into 6 but that hasn't been the regular.  We are 8th in the league in points per game and 2nd in yards so we are moving it but aside from the Ravens game we have put up 20+ points every game.  Getting Monty back will help, getting the O Line healthy would help.  Last night not having a true between the tackles RB and missing both OG's and Frank Ragnow makes some sense on why we struggled in closer to the end zone.  I do think some of the play calling was iffy but in general I am not concerned about that. 

The young guys are developing which is nice.  McNeill is having himself a season after a slow start and turning into one of the top DTs in the league.  I dont think yesterdays numbers have been added but he is the 8th highest graded DT per PFF and may go up once last night is updated into that. Anzalone is also having a career year.  It might help having a competent line in front of him but also better play by the LBs and DBs.  If he is able to trust the help around him, I think he is able to do what he does best more.  Each of those guys having two sacks last night was huge.  

Buggs IMO is one that needs to prove it in practice.  Something is showing this staff that he isn't the best option.  He has been better than Jones and Martin so seems like he should play more but there has to be something that makes this staff not trust him.  Maybe its similar to Julian Okwara in that they struggle in practice but tend to do better in game action.  

My bigger concerns are on the back end and at edge.  If we get CJGJ back it will help a ton but Branch isn't as impactful as he was pre injury which makes sense as teams figure out his weaknesses.  Sutton has been solid but he was burnt bad a couple of times last night and Jimmy G wasn't able to find him.  Similarly with Jacobs.  At DE, Hutch has been good but he isn't nearly as impactful as Crosby is.  He has a ways to go to get there and some of that is because there is no threat on the other side so Hutch is double teamed most plays.  Kayvon Thibodeux is breaking out as a pass rusher this year in the way I wish Hutch was so figuring out a little more on the pass rush will be huge.  James Houston coming back if used like last year would be huge because that is also when Hutch took off.  

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Second quarter happened how most of us predicted, even which game most thought we’d lose, we lost. Sitting atop of the NFCN, 2nd in NFC, top 5 in the league, going into our BYE week. 😎

Bye Week Goals:

1.  Get healthy on the O-line

2.  Get less predictable on offense

3.  Figure out how to get the D-Line to stay out of the passive containment mindset.

• Like 1