2nd Quarter

Louis Friend

So Lions finish the first quarter of the season 3-1. Won both Thursday prime time games but lost to Seattle in the home opener. 

Second quarter starts Monday. Lions get Jameson Williams back early. Guys like Kerby Joseph and Emmanuel Moseley should be ready to play. 

So what are your predictions for the next four games? 

Carolina Panthers W

@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers W

@ Baltimore Ravens L

Las Vegas Raiders MNF W

BYE week

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

So far they have played better than anticipated. That couple with teams playing worse than I anticipated they are sitting 

I had them at 1-3 at this point but they have flipped my script.

I have them at 2-2 next 4 games and think I'll leave it that way.

however I had Car and TB as the wins but thinking it's Car and LV. TB could be a 3rd.

So they can come out of this at 5-3 or 6-2. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 9:49 AM, Louis Friend said:

So Lions finish the first quarter of the season 3-1. Won both Thursday prime time games but lost to Seattle in the home opener. 

Second quarter starts Monday. Lions get Jameson Williams back early. Guys like Kerby Joseph and Emmanuel Moseley should be ready to play. 

So what are your predictions for the next four games? 

Carolina Panthers 

@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

@ Baltimore Ravens 

Las Vegas Raiders MNF 

BYE week

4-0, no worse than 3-1. The Panthers, Bucs and Raiders all have their challenges but aren't going to be steamrolled either. Baltimore could win but even then I think the Lions can match up well as long as they can contain Lamar. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

4-0, no worse than 3-1. The Panthers, Bucs and Raiders all have their challenges but aren't going to be steamrolled either. Baltimore could win but even then I think the Lions can match up well as long as they can contain Lamar. 

They have sucked at containing QBs who can move around this year 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

They have sucked at containing QBs who can move around this year 

Early in week one Mahomes had several scrambles that gained a lot of yards but their offensive line was holding on every play which makes it hard for the front to react and close gaps. They switched from man to zone coverage and seemed to fix the issue.

Didn't get to watch week 2 but Geno only had 20 rushing yards. Hardly a game wrecker.

Ridder had two carries for three yards.

Love had two carries for negative two yards. 

I fail to see the suckage.

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Early in week one Mahomes had several scrambles that gained a lot of yards but their offensive line was holding on every play which makes it hard for the front to react and close gaps. They switched from man to zone coverage and seemed to fix the issue.

Didn't get to watch week 2 but Geno only had 20 rushing yards. Hardly a game wrecker.

Ridder had two carries for three yards.

Love had two carries for negative two yards. 

I fail to see the suckage.

Containing isn't just about rushing yards. It's about the QBs scrambling to make plays in passing game too 

Geno and Maholmes evaded them at will it seemed