2nd Quarter

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Don't even get me star... (searches for 2023 re-draft simulator)

It's too late... 

I don't see any reason to change much about our draft.  Brad Holmes had some significant holes to fill and he filled them with very good players.  The fact that the Lions are starting to work in some 4-3 looks to get Jack Campbell on the field tells me that they would rather add him to the defense and try to have their best players on the field rather than take Derrick Barnes or Anzalone off the field.

As far as Christian Gonzalez goes, a late rumor about his toughness caused a slide on draft day.  It didn't make sense at based on his game play and it clearly doesn't make sense now.  You aren't going to play for Bill Belichick let alone start as a rookie if you aren't a tough player.  It would have been nice to be able to add him but Jahmyr Gibbs, Jack Campbell, Sam La Porta and Brian Branch seem to be be working out well for the Lions right so far.

7 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Then draft Devon Achane.

Devon Archane had a pretty good draft profile.  I liked him in the draft.  However, he plays along side Jaylen Waddle and Tyreek hill.  He has had a good couple of games but I don't know if he would be putting up the same numbers on a team with less speed and dominance at WR.

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Devon Archane had a pretty good draft profile.  I liked him in the draft.  However, he plays along side Jaylen Waddle and Tyreek hill.  He has had a good couple of games but I don't know if he would be putting up the same numbers on a team with less speed and dominance at WR.

To me Gibbs hasn't justified being 2 extra rounds ahead of other rookie RBs.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know if it is the speed of the game of the precision needed in an NFL offense but he still seems to be thinking enough to slow him down.  To me, it seems like more a timing and precision issue.  Interestingly enough, both he and Jameson Williams show a little bit of the same types of problems.  Maybe it is an Alabama thing.

4 hours ago, General Tso said:

I hope I'm wrong.

I had Gibbs graded as a mid to late second round pick. Wasn’t even a positional value issue for me. I had other guys graded as more talented. But I had Branch graded as a top 15 player. I also liked Campbell but early in the second. I knew he wouldn’t last to our 2nd but I didn’t have him as a top 20 guy. But they are Lions now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I had Gibbs graded as a mid to late second round pick. Wasn’t even a positional value issue for me. I had other guys graded as more talented. But I had Branch graded as a top 15 player. I also liked Campbell but early in the second. I knew he wouldn’t last to our 2nd but I didn’t have him as a top 20 guy. But they are Lions now. 

Yea I feel Branch and Gibbs sorta wash out to an extent. I had them flipped in rounds. Still lost as Branch was more back of 1st but they really kinda cancel out in a way 

• Like 1