Was the Preseason a accurate indicator of the regular season for your team?

49ersfan

The 49ers got demolished by the Raiders in the joint practices & preseason game & barely beat the Broncos. I wasn't too worried about the team, but was worried about the Bosa holdout, DL depth in general & rookie K Jake Moody missing so many FG's. But Bosa is back & DL depth/ Moody have been good in the regular season

Most years I barely pay attention to the 49ers in preseason, let alone other teams, but generally looking around the league...

-Steelers offense was firing on all cylinders in the preseason. About that....

-Rookie QB's Aidan O'Connell & Dorian Thompson Robinson looked really good in August. Both started yesterday & had rough games 

-Rams got demolished in all their preseason games, but they are a legit WC contender 

Didn't really pay attention other than that....but wouldn't be surprised if most preseason performances/scores didn't translate at all

I take nothing from the preseason when it comes to the Rams. The only exception is health. Outside of Kupp everyone was pretty healthy entering Week 1 of the regular season.

Now Kupp was a huge loss bc nobody knew what to expect from the receivers. Nacua and Tutu stepped up huge. They showed this offense isn’t Kupp and nobody. And with Kupp coming back as long as this OL is just ok and Stafford is relatively healthy this offense will be top 5. 

The defense has surprised me. I thought they would be poor now but get better as the season continues. They were the 7th ranked defense entering Week 4. They are 9th now. They are 7th against the pass and that’s with losing Ramsey. So I’m impressed. 

The Rams are where I thought they would be record wise (2-2) but the eye test they are better than I thought. Definitely a playoff team and in the right matchup they can win a playoff game. 

Packers:  Yes, probably.

-Mostly good at pass protection, poor at run blocking.  Check.

-Inexperienced pass catchers that make mistakes, but make them fast.  Check.

-Fast defense that can get to the passer, but struggles tackling in space and stopping the run.  Check.

-QB that can make all the throws but once in a while throws a "WTF was that? ball."  Check.

Only thing that is really different is the kicker seems to not have the same yips that he had in preseason.