2023 Week # 5 Steelers Vs. Ravens GDT Thread

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Steelers Bounce Back Against the Ravens?

• Yes. They will somehow get it right and win a close one.
    • No. They have to many internal problems to beat a slid Ravens Team.
    • I Have no clue? This team is so up and down. who knows?

steelers-vs-ravens.png

Who: 2-2 Steelers host the 3-1 Ravens

When: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 1:00 pm

All-Time Series: Steelers lead 33-20-0

The last Meeting was 01-01-23 a dramatic 16-13 win at Acursure Stadium. 

1453702571.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Definition of Smashmouth football:  In American football, a smashmouth offense is an offensive system that relies on a strong running game, where most of the plays run by the offense are handoffs to the fullback or tailback. It is a more traditional style of offense that often results in a higher time of possession by running the ball heavily.

c74365b117e021501d825a3dfb48c53c

It all starts at the LOS upfront.  You can't allow defenders to beat you at the point of attack and get in negative down and distance situations. 
The Steelers are getting beat in the offensive and defensive trenches. 
maxresdefault.jpg

Time to see this guy (B. Fehoko) in the DL rotation. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that changes need to come in both scheme and personnel. 

pickens.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1024

Let the ball go and throw it early and often to your best-receiving threat.
Thumbs-13.jpg

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:

Rudyard Kipling. "If." Family Friend Poems, https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/if-by-rudyard-kipling

If you can put together an offensive, defensive, and special team game plan that allows the best of the talents that you have?

Steelers fans will be united in calling for the replacement of Matt Canada and even HC Mike Tomlin.  They will need a strong showing from the Steelers after the embarrassing beatdown in Houston. 

Mini-Cute-Crystal-Ball-Asian-Rare-Natura

Who wins?

I love my team, but hate where they have fallen. Expectations were much higher to be physical and competitive. 

I hate to say it, but we look soft. We got manhandled by second and third teamers in the trenches. 

You have to think that a physical Ravens team comes in and pushes these guys all over the field. Not sure if it is Pickett or Mitch at QB. Either way, the OL needs to establish the run and play in front of the markers. They have not done that consistently in 4 games. The Ravens will not let up and if they put up 28 on a Browns team with a better defense, I don't see the Steelers' offense being able to keep up or the defense holding the Ravens in scoring without offensive help. Ravens 26-13

Edited by Steeler Hitman

watching AST makes me really want tomlin gone more than previously though.  I don't recall AST being this critical of tomlin, do you?

good news is that this game is at home and we can expect a very loud fire canada chant for a good part of this game.  They will play KP injured  because thats a good excuse, one of them. 

1 hour ago, August4th said:

watching steelers is starting to feel like a obligation ..really not looking forward to this...so tired of watching this offense

I picked a great game to go to this year 🙄

Going to make it my personal mission to get an even louder “Fire Canada” chant going on Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

2nd play! Lol

lol remember how we would be annoyed with killer B offense moving the ball down the field with ease, only to stall out in the Redzone? now I get all happy when we have a drive that produces two first downs...we are down bad, man

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

lol remember how we would be annoyed with killer B offense moving the ball down the field with ease, only to stall out in the Redzone? now I get all happy when we have a drive that produces two first downs...we are down bad, man

Yea I miss the days of “we need a RedZone threat” and now it’s “we need an everything.