2023 Week # 5 Steelers Vs. Ravens GDT Thread

Steeler Hitman

Who Ya Got This Week?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Steelers Bounce Back Against the Ravens?

• Yes. They will somehow get it right and win a close one.
    • No. They have to many internal problems to beat a slid Ravens Team.
    • I Have no clue? This team is so up and down. who knows?

5 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Because it is hard to say that is all Pickett. Far more practical needs. 

We have seen how other young QBs look like with an OL and a good offensive coordinator.

I didnt say it was all Pickett.  How many good games has he played in his near 20 starts?

18 minutes ago, DR43 said:

IF there was anything to like about MC, it would be how poised he was in that video.

I think someone said it earlier,  He was wondering where that was in the call sheet or why in the hell KP audibled with a zero coverage

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think someone said it earlier,  He was wondering where that was in the call sheet or why in the hell KP audibled with a zero coverage

That would be me. But yea it cracked me up that everyone else celebrated and he’s like “I’m confused”. 

Also TJ Watt is on pace for 38 sacks. 

2 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Because it is hard to say that is all Pickett. Far more practical needs. 

We have seen how other young QBs look like with an OL and a good offensive coordinator.

Pickett's inaccuracy, poor decision making and mediocre mechanics worry me.    I think he can get better, but I don't see a franchise QB.

If we get a new OC, and he likes a certain QB early, we need to take them.   Don't force Pickett onto a new coach.   Im not saying reach on a QB, but dont hang your hat on KP either.

If Canada stays....I don't care if we take a punter in round 1....I wont be watching anyway.

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

I didnt say it was all Pickett.  How many good games has he played in his near 20 starts?

This was game 17 for him. Certainly not what we expected, but also not all his fault as a young QB. You have to put them in position to be successful. He is not ready to do it all himself yet. 

10 minutes ago, 43M said:

Pickett's inaccuracy, poor decision making and mediocre mechanics worry me.    I think he can get better, but I don't see a franchise QB.

If we get a new OC, and he likes a certain QB early, we need to take them.   Don't force Pickett onto a new coach.   Im not saying reach on a QB, but dont hang your hat on KP either.

If Canada stays....I don't care if we take a punter in round 1....I wont be watching anyway.

😁 Truthfully Pickett has not gotten the support that he needs. The coaching stinks and the OL has been sub par. The mechanics, footwork, some of the decision making, etc is him. I don't think this team is drafting high enough to get a QB. If you don't do what is necessary to develop and support him, you are chasing your tail. We want offense and points. We have not been getting it consistently. Execution is a large part of it, but setting players up for success is a part as well. Offensively that is not happening.