John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

At least he was willing to sign his own dudes. I wonder where this team would be if they would of given 2nd contracts to the actually good players they drafted like Ward, Sheard, Schwartz, TBen, and etc

Ward is the only one you listed who was worth the second contract they got. Jabaal Sheard is a nice rotational DE nothing special. Schwartz is a JAG and Benjamin is a career special team who hasn't even been as good since leaving Cleveland.

If we signed everyone of those players you mentioned we'd still be a very very very bad football team maybe even worse. With Sheard maybe we don't draft Ogbah who is a much better run stopper and younger and also averages 5.5 sacks a year just like Sheard. Maybe we don't draft Jabrrill Peppers and Ward is in decline phase this year. Maybe we don't draft a younger, cheaper right on par RT in Coleman.

We are built much better for a long term run at success with the guys we have now than if we signed those other guys. We could have made a short run at the playoffs with no real hope of a championship. The way the team is build now if managed correctly the next few off seasons and if we hit on a franchise QB is set up for long term success.

1-1. Eric Fisher        
3-63 Travis Kelce        
3-96 Kniles Davis        4 years 2 starts 250-800-11
4-99 Nico Johnson        6 Games 1 Start 7 tackles
5-134 Sanders Cummings        2 Game 1 Tackle
6-170 Eric Kush            3 Games 1 Start
6-204 Braden Wilson        0 career apperences
7-207 Mike Catapano        1 year 1 sack

Traded for Alex Smith        Good trade if your okay with average
Signed Sean Smith 3/18        Great signing worked out.

Signed Dunta Robinson 3/15    8 games 2 starts
Signed Anthony Fasano 4/16    24 games 22 starts in 2 years
Signed Chase Daniels 3/10    3 yeas 2 starts 1 TD
Signed Mike Devito 3/12.6    3 years 19 starts 3 sacks
Signed Donnie Avery 3/11    22 games 55 receptions in 2 years
Signed Geoff Schwartz        1 years 7 starts
Signed Ryan DImperio        0 apperences

1-23 Dee Ford            17 sacks in 4 years are numbers you'd expect from 2-3 round picks. Ogbah is on pace for 19 and tending upward instead of downward like Dee and 95% of Browns fans are calling for his replacement already. Ford is also terrible in run defense white Ogbah is fantastic.
3-87 Phillip Gaines        4 years 15 starts 1 INT
4-124 De'Anthony Thomas        4 years 5 starts 3 TDs
5-163 Aarron Murray        0 career apperances
6-193 Zach Fulton        4 years 43 starts
6-200 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif    4 years 35 stats

Signed Vance Walker 3/15    1 year 2 starts 2 sacks
Signed Joe Mays 2/6        1 year 3 starts 20 tackles

1-18 Marcus Peters        
2-49 Mitch Morse        JAG
3-76 Chris Conley        Replacement Level
3-98 Steven Nelson        Replacement Level
4-118 Ramik Wilson        Replacement Level
5-172 DJ Alexander        2 years 25 tackles
5-173 James O'Shaughnessy    2 years 8 catches traded with #216 for #183 on draft day
6-217 Rakeem Nunez-Roches    Replacement Level
7-233 DaRon Brown        0 appereances

Traded 5th for Ben Grubbs Age 31 (Played 7 games and released after signing 4/24)
Signed Josh Mauga 3/8
Signed Jeremy Maclin 5/55 not exactly the contract I'd like my GM handing out to a guy who goes for 87/1088 and 44/536 in 2 years.

Overall I am less than impressed with this guy. Kelce and Peters picks were about his only 2 really nailed it picks. Eric Fisher was crap his first 3 years in the league and even now the last 2 years he is far from a world beater. The entirety of the Kansas City offensive line is greatly overrated and a lot of Alex Smith "Captain Checkdown" style has to do with the offensive line not holding up far too often. If they had a revolving door of young QBs like Cleveland always does the Oline would have been exposed much more than it is with a good decision maker like Alex back there. The free agent signings have been a disaster. Sean Smith was a good get for 6 mil a year for the time he was there but the rest never even came close to earning their contract.

If is way to early to give opinions on the 2016-2017 off seasons but there are already 4 players who never even made the 53 man roster and not making appearances with other teams one of which was a 3rd round pick who didn't even make it to final cuts.

Color me very unimpressed especially if the guy gets us into cap trouble and we have to see all the talent added the last 2 years just walk out in free agency when it comes that time.

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm sorry, Alex Smith is better than just average, and with regard to the Dee Ford thing, wasn't he hurt a lot and played behind Tamba Hali?

I feel like no one really pays any real attention to the Chiefs. There is a reason they have just 1 playoff win in 4 years it it was against TJ Yates if I remember the QB correctly(either way it was because they got to face a terrible QB), and that reason is not Alex Smith like so many will lead you to believe. There roster is simply not good enough. They have so many overrated players on that team. They have lucked into soft schedules and don't really show up when the competition gets tough.

Just go ask the Chiefs fans how they feel about Dee Ford. He is highly inconsistent and pretty bad in run sport. 

I think that what Hue has done in Cleveland is brilliant.

*He's managed to win a power struggle with a moderately successful GM despite a 1-27 record.

*He's managed to NOT hire an OC, which is a huge mistake and everyone knows it, and then spin it to his advantage by playing the martyr "it's not fair to that hypothetical would have been OC" so that he has infinite job security for the rest of the 2017 season. If he's fired, there's literally no one else.

*The QB whisperer hasn't come close to sniffing a legitimate Franchise QB, despite all of his (in)ability to judge talent at the position and "trust me's" on RGIII, Kessler, and trying to way overtrade for McCarron while refusing to trade a comparable amount for Jimmy G. 

*He may very well have the owner/owner's wife completely snowed and parlayed all of this into coming back ANOTHER year in 2018 while potentially coming off of a winless season.

5 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

No offense, and I really mean that, but Darnolds comp is definitely not Big Ben, in my opinion. Ben is taller, bigger, shrugs off tacklers to extend plays, and a big arm. Darnold has an average to above average arm; many of his throws look a tick slow to me, but he has good anticipation. Id argue Baker and Rosen easily have better arms. Darnold runs around in the backfield to extend plays, but aint shrugging off guys. I can honestly say, I see no simularities between the two. Although both are caucasian.

Still love ya Bruce.

Darnold is one of the best I’ve seen in the pocket. Senses pressure behind him. Something Kizer can’t do. His feet (usually, I’ve seen them not be good) are really good. I think what I said last night is spot on, he reminds me of Luck. Not a great arm but he knows how to get the most out of it with football intelligence and anticipation. He’s the type that steps up his game when needed. (Yeah the it factor) don’t @ me

17 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Darnold is one of the best I’ve seen in the pocket. Senses pressure behind him. Something Kizer can’t do. His feet (usually, I’ve seen them not be good) are really good. I think what I said last night is spot on, he reminds me of Luck. Not a great arm but he knows how to get the most out of it with football intelligence and anticipation. He’s the type that steps up his game when needed. (Yeah the it factor) don’t @ me

Luck is a good comp.

He's decisive, both with the ball and when he decides to run. Underrated athlete too.

1 hour ago, Dogbite said:

I feel like no one really pays any real attention to the Chiefs. There is a reason they have just 1 playoff win in 4 years it it was against TJ Yates if I remember the QB correctly(either way it was because they got to face a terrible QB), and that reason is not Alex Smith like so many will lead you to believe. There roster is simply not good enough. They have so many overrated players on that team. They have lucked into soft schedules and don't really show up when the competition gets tough.

Just go ask the Chiefs fans how they feel about Dee Ford. He is highly inconsistent and pretty bad in run sport. 

So, just so I understand, what you are saying is that the Chiefs are basically overrated, and not really that good?  I mean, that’s what your post says, and I just want to make sure I’m not misreading anything. 

I don’t get on here much and I’m not too up on the features of this site. Can someone set up one of those polls and see if Browns fans in this forum would be happy to have had the Browns experience the mediocrity and overrated-ness, division titles and play-off games the Chiefs fans have had to suffer through these last few years?  I don’t know how they’ve done it.  Their roster simply isn’t good enough, according to Dogbite Kiper. 

Since 2013, they’ve won 43 games, 1 division title, and three play-off appearances, with one playoff victory. That does not include what they have won this year, which as of today, I believe they are tied for first place in the AFC West. Man, talk about pedestrian. I wouldn’t go across the street to watch something this bad. C’mon, man. Don’t let the facts get in the way of your postings. 

1 hour ago, Dogbite said:

Has John Dorsey ever had two top 10 picks to work with? The Chiefs have always struck me as a middle of the pack team. They make solid free agent acquisitions and there have been some absolute steals later in the draft. But when Dorsey is given a chance to take ANY prospect he chooses, and another one that's top 5 on his big board, the sample size is non-existent, which can either be really good or really bad.

Archived