We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone saying to use our 1st round pick on a QB should just be ignored so we don't cloud a perfectly good draft thread with low IQ debate.

Moving on....

Correct.

If we couldn’t get two firsts for Love.

I agree with this based on where Love is on his contract extension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

I think they'll be picking higher than #11. At the very least they have the ammunition to move up.

Then prepare to be extremely disappointed. Unless there's a massive homicide within Management after this season ends, I imagine their egos will tell them they can still make things work with Love.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So you're giving up valuable trade assets hoping that he's an improvement over Jordan Love?  Interesting.

I want to figure out the QB position, because if your QB isn't the guy then the other problems don't really matter much. 

But I've been higher on Daniels than most. I think he's a future star. If you don't think so then no, drafting him doesn't make much sense. 

7 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Then prepare to be extremely disappointed. Unless there's a massive homicide within Management after this season ends, I imagine their egos will tell them they can still make things work with Love.

I actually agree. I think they're sink or swim with Love. If he bombs out Gute will be gone, and the next GM will want his HC. 

Edited by ReasonablySober
wrong name on GM

12 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I want to figure out the QB position, because if your QB isn't the guy then the other problems don't really matter much. 

But I've been higher on Daniels than most. I think he's a future star. If you don't think so then no, drafting him doesn't make much sense. 

Again, I don't hate the idea of you like Jaydon Daniels.  But it goes back to my original discussion, outside of a 3 game stretch (NO/DET/LV), he's been pretty much what you'd hope.  Excluding those 3 games, he's 214-337 (63.5%), 2397 passing yards (7.1 YPA), 21 passing TD, and 5 INTs.  His numbers since that Las Vegas game have been (over a full 17 game season): 393-606 (64.9%), 4252 passing yards (7.0 YPA), 32 passing TDs, and 11 INTs prior to today's game against the Buccaneers.  That would be T-16th in CMP%, 16th in Y/A, 7th in TD%, and 11th in INT%.

44 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Seriously? Alright, nevermind. We weren't watching the same game. 

Can you define "reasonably sober?" 

I'm thinking on a scale of 1 (had a few drinks but probably shouldn't drive, to 10, you **** your pants. I'm guessing you are nearing an 8.5 mark with some of these posts. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, I don't hate the idea of you like Jaydon Daniels.  But it goes back to my original discussion, outside of a 3 game stretch (NO/DET/LV), he's been pretty much what you'd hope.  Excluding those 3 games, he's 214-337 (63.5%), 2397 passing yards (7.1 YPA), 21 passing TD, and 5 INTs.  His numbers since that Las Vegas game have been (over a full 17 game season): 393-606 (64.9%), 4252 passing yards (7.0 YPA), 32 passing TDs, and 11 INTs prior to today's game against the Buccaneers.  That would be T-16th in CMP%, 16th in Y/A, 7th in TD%, and 11th in INT%.

He's been an average QB with flashes of brilliance and a lot of fundamental stuff I would have thought would be long cleaned up by now. Today was another example of a game with an alarming number of simple misses.

Honestly, I just thought he was going to be a lot better than he is. I think MLF's offense makes things incredibly easy on QBs, and Love just misses too much of the easy stuff. 

Maybe this is just early career struggles and he cleans it all up, though. I dunno /shrugs