We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

You guys act like Rashan Gary is an all pro edge rusher. This kind of thinking is why we end up with guys like Kevin King instead of TJ Watt. If it takes 2-3 years for a top 15 pick to become a viable starter then maybe we shouldn't take them there.

...........but if it takes about a year and a half, perhaps we should.

On 12/22/2023 at 2:37 PM, StatKing said:

You guys act like Rashan Gary is an all pro edge rusher. This kind of thinking is why we end up with guys like Kevin King instead of TJ Watt. If it takes 2-3 years for a top 15 pick to become a viable starter then maybe we shouldn't take them there.

I'm not sure what's worse.  The fact that you think walking away with Rashan Gary (who is a top 10 player out of that '19 draft) is a knock, or the leap in logic going from Rashan Gary to the Kevin King/TJ Watt discussion.  I'm honestly not sure.  Rashan Gary is a top 10 player in that 2019 draft, and the only guys I could definitively say are better than him Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Jeffery Simmons, and Maxx Crosby.  And then you get into a slew of players including Rashan Gary.

• Like 3