We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

Just now, squire12 said:

6'4 and 240 does not seem big for a TE

will be interesting to see what he runs and tests at the combine.  what do you think his times will be in the 40, shuttle, 3 cone, etc?

No idea. He's fast enough to consistently beat up on SEC defenses. There are "reports" he'll run in the 4.4s. 

I dunno. Watch him. 

Just now, squire12 said:

6'4 and 240 does not seem big for a TE

will be interesting to see what he runs and tests at the combine.  what do you think his times will be in the 40, shuttle, 3 cone, etc?

Would you spend the #6 overall pick on Kittle?  If so, then Bowers is your guy.  A fine player, just not #6 overall level fine.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

is it more work than just spewing random **** about OT being high bust rates from the 1st round that appears to be inaccurate?

Why are you guys obsessed with an LT anyways? Love is one of the least pressured QBs in the league. The OL has not been bad this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Why are you guys obsessed with an LT anyways? Love is one of the least pressured QBs in the league. The OL has not been bad this year.

Who said I am obsessed with LT?    Have I said that I think GB should take an LT with their top pick?

Edited by squire12

20 minutes ago, StatKing said:

????   Packers have no run game to speak of,  and have run a limited offense for at least half the games to avoid "pressure" situations. 

The OL has been bad this year.  Not sure what you are watching.   

Did you think the DB's were okay today as well?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

While it's been better as of late, I definitely wouldn't say it's been great.

Player: Sack Total (Rank) | Penalties (Rank)
Rasheed Walker: 5 (T-15th) | 8 (T-13th)
Elgton Jenkins: 0 | 4 (T-19th)
Josh Myers: 4 (T-3rd) | 3 (T-21st)
Jon Runyan: 2 (T-34th) | 6 (T-7th)
Zach Tom: 2 (T-60th) | 3 (T-53rd)

Of those 5, I'd really only argue that Zach Tom is playing well.  Of those four not named Tom, I'd argue that Jenkins is the only one who has played reasonably well.  Rasheed Walker has been wildly inconsistent.  He's looked serviceable at times, and other times looks like he's heading towards the chopping block.  Despite the coaching staff's praise, Myers has struggled this year.  And Runyan is a solid pass blocking OG, but he offers absolutely nothing in the run game.

But the point goes back to having a top 10 pick (in this scenario), and you have your choice of pretty much any non-premium prospects, you go with the position that A) has the best chance to succeed and B) has the biggest impact.  And then you factor in recent draft pick investments, and OT is a pretty clear position to look at with their pick.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Serviceable is probably a stretch.  You think Aaron Rodgers has as much success without David Bakhtiari?

I think Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers are two completely different styles of QB. If he's going to be our QB next year I'd rather we surround him with more weapons.

13 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

If you aren't happy with your OTs you should be trading for one, not taking them in the top ten. 

HUH?  Top OT's are like gold in the NFL ... if a team has one they aren't trading him to GB.  This isn't Madden, it's real time.  There hasn't been a top tackle traded in the NFL in years; they are all drafted as they should be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Serviceable is probably a stretch.  You think Aaron Rodgers has as much success without David Bakhtiari?

I'm all for beefing up the O line as a priority, but wasn't the tackle situation in GB kind of a **** show for awhile in between Cliffy/tausch and Bak/Bulaga? I remember Newhouse, etc stuggling even when Rodgers was starting to be exceptional.