Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

True but being behind 3 UDFA’s and a guy who was unemployed 2 weeks ago is concerning 

Perhaps. I think people were saying the same about nakobe dean last year too. Ringo might not have a specific defined role like those other guys do. Ringo seems to me to be more of a hybrid type of player that can do a little bit of everything but might get beat a lot if he plays CB full time. Learning multiple roles takes time. He has elite speed but is a bit stiff when it comes to defending real quick change of direction routes. If he’s gonna stick to a specific role, I wonder if safety might actually be a better position for his skill set.

43 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

True but being behind 3 UDFA’s and a guy who was unemployed 2 weeks ago is concerning 

Not really. He is an athlete who wasn’t great at football. We drafted him for what he could be in a few years. Not for what he is this year. 

Is that worth a 4th round pick? That’s debatable but I wouldn’t call it concerning either. It was expected to be like this imo. 

I really think he ends up at safety, but we will see. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Not really. He is an athlete who wasn’t great at football. We drafted him for what he could be in a few years. Not for what he is this year. 

Is that worth a 4th round pick? That’s debatable but I wouldn’t call it concerning either. It was expected to be like this imo. 

a 3rd. Remember we traded this years 3rd for that pick 

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yes but a 3rd for the eagles is close to being an early 4th. The eagles are also going to receive a few comp picks, losing hargrave specifically should give them a 3rd round compensatory pick so it’ll almost feel like they are just trading back a few spota because they will still have a pick in that area anyway. 

I think the risk is worth it for a long term project with upside that has several college teammate already big contributors on the eagles defense.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He’s also super young too so waiting a year or two on him while he develops wouldn’t be that big of a deal anyway. The youngest guy in the entire 2023 draft is israel abanikanda (October 5, 2002) and kelee ringo ( June 27, 2002) is just a few months older.

Edited by Jays3

50 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A future third is equivalent to a 4th lmfao. He is a 4th round pick. 

This is like saying we gave up a 4th for Swift without giving context that it was a 2025 pick which is equivalent to like a 6th. 

If you don’t like the pick that is fine. Saying that was is occurring is surprising is not. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Who knew criticizing Ringo was AZ’s trigger 😂😂😂

You are my trigger Pete. You are. 😠

I just don’t understand why we are expecting Ringo to have an impact this year is all. Pretty sure this was completely expected coming into the year. That doesn’t mean it makes it a good pick, it was clearly the most suspect pick we made last year…. But him not playing this year isn’t evidence of that imo. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You are my trigger Pete. You are. 😠

I just don’t understand why we are expecting Ringo to have an impact this year is all. Pretty sure this was completely expected coming into the year. That doesn’t mean it makes it a good pick, it was clearly the most suspect pick we made last year…. But him not playing this year isn’t evidence of that imo. 

Lol :)

my point was that the fact that we have all these injuries at CB and he is still not a factor is a little alarming. 

Lol :)

my point was that the fact that we have all these injuries at CB and he is still not a factor is a little alarming. 

I mean… I guess? I don’t really agree but that’s fine. Imo I think Ringo will end up as a safety anyways. I would prefer him to be ready to play now of course, but I’m not surprised he isn’t. 

I also think our UDFAs are over performing expectations so that should be factored in as well. Jobe and Ricks both making the team and looking as good as they have for UDFAs is just credit to them. 

48 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

A future third is equivalent to a 4th lmfao. He is a 4th round pick. 

This is like saying we gave up a 4th for Swift without giving context that it was a 2025 pick which is equivalent to like a 6th. 

If you don’t like the pick that is fine. Saying that was is occurring is surprising is not. 

I don’t devalue picks even if it’s a year later. Teams can do that if they want, but I’ll still say we spent a 3rd on Ringo and a 4th on Swift. 

2 hours ago, Jays3 said:

I think people were saying the same about nakobe dean last year too. Ringo

Only reason Nakobe wasn’t starting is Gannon trusted the vets more, but he definitely could’ve started as a rookie. I don’t think it’s the same thing at all as with Ringo.

I kinda wish we kept our pick at this point. Hopefully Ringo is able to develop into a starter or at least good back-up at either corner or safety. He was definitely a project, so none of this is surprising. 

25 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean… I guess? I don’t really agree but that’s fine. Imo I think Ringo will end up as a safety anyways. I would prefer him to be ready to play now of course, but I’m not surprised he isn’t. 

I also think our UDFAs are over performing expectations so that should be factored in as well. Jobe and Ricks both making the team and looking as good as they have for UDFAs is just credit to them. 

I liked the pick at the time, it is worth the shot but also at the same time concerning he’s not getting a sniff over 3 UDFA’s and a street FA 

16 hours ago, Danger said:
20 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Those maturity rumors about Reagor, Watkins and Hightower from that 2020 draft class were true asf lol.

Doug sucked at contributing to getting good players here via the draft.

The rumor is Doug wanted Reagor and the scouts wanted Jefferson, but ultimately I can’t blame him more than Howie when he has final say. He could’ve listened to the other personnel guys but he went with what his HC wanted.

Same as him going with a trade down and taking Milton Williams instead of staying put and taking Alim McNeil like Tom Donahoe wanted. That one hurts a bit less even if McNeill is the better player cause Williams has been pretty solid for us, but just providing another example.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only reason Nakobe wasn’t starting is Gannon trusted the vets more, but he definitely could’ve started as a rookie. I don’t think it’s the same thing at all as with Ringo.

I kinda wish we kept our pick at this point. Hopefully Ringo is able to develop into a starter or at least good back-up at either corner or safety. He was definitely a project, so none of this is surprising. 

The situation is different, sure, I’m just saying there’s reasons for a player not getting onto the field in year 1 other than draft picks just not being good players. Now if it’s year 2-3 and he’s still not getting PT, I’d say it’s more of a concern.

Hell, maybe ringo hasn’t picked up the playbook yet. I wouldn’t play him a lot of reps either if the play came in and he didn’t know what his assignment was. You can be the best player in the world and if you don’t know your assignment you’re still gonna be a liability. Maybe these UDFA know the playbook better. That doesn’t necessarily mean that ringo is worse as a finished product, it just means he’s still learning and still developing. That was already understood though, I’d say that it’d be surprising if he got a lot of PT year 1 to be honest 

Edited by Jays3