Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

Do not love us giving Braden Mann a roster spot. Don't really care that he was out of practice squad elevations.

I would've done punter tryouts again and signed the best performer to our practice squad for another 3 weeks of elevations.

Mann has not shown us much in his short time with the team. He's had maybe one actual good punt which was the last one in the 4th quarter against Washington that Crowder had to fair catch at the 7 yard line. Besides that he's had at least 2 or 3 punts with horrible hang time. He hasn't shown me much of anything and I'm not sure he's any better than Arryn Siposs. Just for ****s and giggles I checked his PFF grade of 59.4, meahwhile Siposs was practically the same at 59.1 which tells you there really hasn't been much difference between the two.

Hopefully if they're gonna roll with Mann he can show some improvement, cause I'm tired of having an underwhelming punter like the only saving grace is our offense is so good we don't punt a lot, especially with the fact that we are very likely to go for it on 4th and shorts. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
22 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Jets D has been surpsingly mediocre through 5 weeks

FWIW PFF has the Jets defense as far as combined grading of the players goes as #6 and Eagles as #14.

If we are looking at just team statistics I'm pretty sure the Jets total stats and PPG would be significantly better if they had Aaron Rodgers as their QB instead of Zach Wilson as they would have likely been on the field a lot less due to Aaron being able to sustain drives better and not turn the ball over.

Like the Jets are tied for 6th in takeaways as a defense, but their offense is also tied for 6th in giveaways.

Don't get it twisted. This Jets defense is still very talented.

Hopefully we'll be able to pressure Wilson and force some of those turnovers and our offense will be able to sustain drives with the running game and keep their defense on the field and gas them.

Another way to further expound on this.

On PFF's NFL podcast previewing Week 6 they stated that the Jets are 14th in their power rankings and 4th for defense and 32nd for offense.

The Jets defense has held QBs to these PFF passing grades:

The best has been Dak Prescott at 66.7 which is meh.

Mac Jones - 57.8

Josh Allen - 52.3

Patrick Mahomes - 48.4

Russell Wilson - 43.5

I guess run defense wise they've been worse, but some of that again probably has to do with them being out there on the field more cause of the offense.

5 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Finally you post it in the GDT instead of the General Chat thread lol.

But, don't love seeing Jalen Carter now being out with an ankle injury. Hopefully that's just precautionary.

Sydney and Nakobe both still not full participants. We'll see if they are by Friday, but if they aren't then both might not be able to go for Sunday.

Good to see Fletch has been a full participant and Marlon is at least back practicing again.

The key words are “I don’t see this keeping him out very long”. That could mean from practice or it could mean from game action. We will see. If there’s doubt, I think I’d rather see a young up and coming star sit a game instead of playing through it and possibly making things worse. Especially against the jets who don’t have a dynamic offense anyway.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Oh crap, the Dolphins game is going to be my first time ever at the Linc and it looks like I'm going to miss Carter. 

Haven't been to the Linc yet either, Enjoy!

Carter probably misses this week, unless Nick was downplaying it (very possible), he probably goes next week. 

Enjoy either way.🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Oh crap, the Dolphins game is going to be my first time ever at the Linc and it looks like I'm going to miss Carter. 

Sounds like it isn’t too big of an issue. The way sirianni was talking about it I’d say at worst he misses the jets game and is back to play Miami 

Edited by Jays3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Thanks!

I only want us to win 😭

Assuming no major injuries this weekend,  Miami "should be" our toughest test all year. Even with KC on the schedule. 

Dolphins offense is scary. Friggen track team! Especially if you don't get to Tua early and often.