Week 6 GDT: Eagles(5-0) @ Jets(2-3) - One for the history books(literally)

AZ_Eaglesfan

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

No surprise here.

As soon as I saw that Carter was a DNP in the middle of the week I was worried he would be out this game just to be cautious. Hopefully he can come back for the Dolphins game next week, cause we are gonna need his ability to win quickly against to speed up Tua's clock.

I also like resting Slay for a week to try and get him back right for the Fins and all the speed they have at receiver. Whoever starts in his place whether its Jobe or Ricks is just gonna have to hold it down this week against the Jets. If New York's pass protection can hold up long enough against our pass rush then Garrett Wilson can burn them on some routes for sure. We're gonna need our edges to win this game.

With Justin Evans going to IR.... hopefully Sydney Brown is able to go this week and we play him at the other safety spot and give him an opportunity to prove himself. But, it'll probably end up being Edmunds which is a lot less fun.

I think it would probably be smart to trade for a safety if it doesn't cost that much and I'm sure Howie is doing his due diligence in that regard.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No surprise here.

As soon as I saw that Carter was a DNP in the middle of the week I was worried he would be out this game just to be cautious. Hopefully he can come back for the Dolphins game next week, cause we are gonna need his ability to win quickly against to speed up Tua's clock.

I also like resting Slay for a week to try and get him back right for the Fins and all the speed they have at receiver. Whoever starts in his place whether its Jobe or Ricks is just gonna have to hold it down this week against the Jets. If New York's pass protection can hold up long enough against our pass rush then Garrett Wilson can burn them on some routes for sure. We're gonna need our edges to win this game.

With Justin Evans going to IR.... hopefully Sydney Brown is able to go this week and we play him at the other safety spot and give him an opportunity to prove himself. But, it'll probably end up being Edmunds which is a lot less fun.

I think it would probably be smart to trade for a safety if it doesn't cost that much and I'm sure Howie is doing his due diligence in that regard.

Yeah Sydney needs to play this week and I'd expect next week we make a move for a safety. Evans has played well when out there, but the same issues he had with the Saints is happening here.... he just can't stay healthy at all.

I think Sydney should be good to go this week, but if he isn't another game of Edmunds at Safety will be misery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think Sydney should be good to go this week

Yeah, I forgot what pod I was listening to, but they said Sydney thought he should be good to go this week. We'll see.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Evans has played well when out there, but the same issues he had with the Saints is happening here.... he just can't stay healthy at all.

Word. Much preferred him out there to Edmunds. Sucks that he can't stay healthy. That's part of what worries me right now about our corner group is they're very experienced which is good, but they're also geriatric lol. Was always gonna be hard to see Bradberry and Slay both staying healthy all year like they did in 2022.

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'd expect next week we make a move for a safety

Probably gonna be Jeremy Chinn if I had to guess cause his contract is more palatable than Justin Simmons. 

But, he is kinda more in the same vein of a Sydney Brown, so we can only have one of them out there starting and if Sydney wants to claim that job he's probably gonna have to play this week and do well. Sucks that the injury derailed him cause he showed up on special teams and then on defense in that Bucs game before it happened.

• Like 1

Jets are very depleted in their secondary however. Without DJ Reed the Eagles should be able to have a lot of success throwing the ball even if they have Sauce playing. Their run defense has been their weakest part so I think Eagles should be able to move the ball with relative ease. Question is how improved are they when it comes to the redzone.

5 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Jets are very depleted in their secondary however.

I mean Bryce Hall played well last week against the Broncos in place of Reed. Obviously we aren't Denver, but still notable.

We also don't know that Sauce will be out of this game. Still has a couple days to feel better, but obviously if he is out then that's a big blow.

Safety that hasn't been healthy his whole career isn't healthy here either and we somehow counted on him to be our starter. 

Terrible handling of the position by Howie. I can imagine Taylor Rapp and Ryan Neal being better options, I don't even know how they're doing but doubt that worse than Evans/Edmunds.