Do we see another NFL dynasty in the making like the Patriots or more parity?

Championshiporbust

Its easy to say no. It has been the perfect storm of:

1. QB that seems to put the team first with changing contracts around

2. Coach that seems to be head and shoulders better than everyone that understands talent evaluation and when to let guys go

3. Playing in a garbage division

4. Cap management

On 12/7/2017 at 10:23 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t really think 01-present is a dynasty. I think 01-04 was and they might be in the middle of another one right now. But I don’t think you can go a whole decade without winning a Super Bowl and call it a dynasty 

From 2005-2013:

Been to 2 Super Bowls, one of those trips featuring a 16-0 regular season
Went 110-34, best in the league.
Brady won MVP twice

On 12/8/2017 at 2:12 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Celtics won 8 straight titles and 11 of 13. Patriots aren't even Massachusetts' greatest dynasty.

The Celtics did it in an era when basketball was still in development mode and the closest things we had to even remote competition were the Lakers and 76ers.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:12 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Celtics won 8 straight titles and 11 of 13. Patriots aren't even Massachusetts' greatest dynasty.

Not to take anything away from the Celtics, but they won most of their titles with just 8 teams in the league. Also for most of their championships, they only needed to beat 2 teams... and often the same 2 teams. Their drafting was really good, but in a era where teams owned players, you didn't have to worry about things like salary caps or expiring contracts.

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

The problem is that for at least the next 5 years both teams are stuck in a conference with Rodgers. 

Then in the Eagles case you have an issue of their division being bipolar and never going to the same team any year. The Redskins are decent and the Cowboys who will likely amp up their defense and not have the specter of Zeke's issues next year will potentially make a run. 

And the Rams have Seattle whose always going to be a big thorn in their side. That division is going to be dogfight between those two dorb5 years. 

Well the Packers are not a very good team outside of Rodgers and have not won the NFC since 2010, so I'm not overly concerned about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think the Rams or Eagles will by a dynasty or a dynastic type of franchise in the next decade. I think that if any team is going to do it that these teams have the greatest odds right now to do so.

5 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

The division has looked inept in large part because of the Patriots.  Most divisions have one or two mediocre bad teams every year.  The Dolphins Bills and Jets have routinely had to pencil in 2 losses that other divisions don't automatically get.   Those three teams have consistently had pretty good defenses for the most part.   No franchise QBs hurts though.  

The non-Patriots AFCE has the best out-of-division record of any division in the past 15 years IIRC.

The Dolphins are actually 9-8 against the Patriots at home even in the Brady/Belichick era.

But yeah, none of these teams has had a franchise QB or anything even remotely resembling one the entire time the Patriots have had this run. No other division in football has 3 or more teams that have not had a franchise QB since 2001.

AFC North: Ben, Palmer, Arguably Flacco

AFC South: Peyton Manning, Steve McNair

AFC West: Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Derek Carr

NFC East: Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Kirk Cousins, Donavan Mcnabb, Carson Wentz

NFC North: Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford

NFC South: Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton

NFC West: Russell Wilson, Carson Palmer/Kurt Warner, and possibly Jared Goff this year.

AFC East has had Tom Brady and nothing else.

Archived