Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

6 hours ago, DawgX said:

But let's not pretend this is some balanced, rational take (not really aimed at you but this thread in general).

Observing his behavior right now and correlating it to what he did in Houston ISN'T balanced or rational?

I get that I am incredibly biased on this subject, probably moreso than anyone else on this forum - hell, probably across anyone who watches football. I genuinely *hate* Deshaun Watson and I have absolutely zero hesitation in admitting that.

That doesn't mean my take on this situation isn't balanced or rational. If anything, I'm tying everything together - from the experience of the McNair/O'Brien/Easterby era over to the experiences of the Haslem/Stefanski/Berry era. They are oddly similar - save for the fact that in Houston, he WON football games and was applauded for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Observing his behavior right now and correlating it to what he did in Houston ISN'T balanced or rational?

I get that I am incredibly biased on this subject, probably moreso than anyone else on this forum - hell, probably across anyone who watches football. I genuinely *hate* Deshaun Watson and I have absolutely zero hesitation in admitting that.

That doesn't mean my take on this situation isn't balanced or rational. If anything, I'm tying everything together - from the experience of the McNair/O'Brien/Easterby era over to the experiences of the Haslem/Stefanski/Berry era. They are oddly similar - save for the fact that in Houston, he WON football games and was applauded for it.

It's remarkable how quickly Watson's reputation plummeted. He was probably one of my favorite players in the league as late as 2020. Feels awful to say that now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's remarkable how quickly Watson's reputation plummeted. He was probably one of my favorite players in the league as late as 2020. Feels awful to say that now.

30+ allegations of sexual misconduct will do that. Even of 4-5 are money grabs... you have another 25 that require intense scrutiny.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

As oddly similar as they are, you had to weather a bad couple of years with the silver lining of 3 1sts in change and the wicked witch getting fired eventually, all after these allegations happened/surfaced, and you parlayed that into Stroud. The future is trending up.

Theres literally no hope here. No draft capital, no cap room, and by the time there is the good players on this roster will be gone or past their primes having had no capital to build with.

So, 4 more years of sucking all with a loathesome human being and bad player to then go with an expansion level roster…again.

My faith prevents me from hating anyone, but yeah I’m struggling with not wishing bad things here and have since they acquired him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Regarding Myles and Denzel they’re All Pro players. 

Those numbers are in line and they’re still young. 

I would genuinely say if Deshaun doesn’t look good by the end of next season you can call this a miss. 

But man it’s a 5 year deal with a QB under 30. 

He’s coming off his best game. I think we’ll be fine. But it’s going to take time with this shoulder. 

Why do we have to wait that long? He's a veteran QB who is being paid franchise money. The trade and cap ramifications of which will have lasting ramifications to roster construction. 

He gets 2.5 seasons to acclimate and be judged? Please.

Or are you saying this because it's clear he's about to kill the coach and they will need to start over again?

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why do we have to wait that long? He's a veteran QB who is being paid franchise money. The trade and cap ramifications of which will have lasting ramifications to roster construction. 

He gets 2.5 seasons to acclimate and be judged? Please.

Or are you saying this because it's clear he's about to kill the coach and they will need to start over again?

Brownie Man is a Watson fan boy/believer/apologist.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Gathered that. Imagine supporting such a scumbag. There is nothing that dude could accomplish on the field that would make me look the other way. To each their own I guess. 

I’m not judging. Plenty of franchises have dirtbags. I’ve made my fair share of Ray Lewis/Rice and Rapistberger jokes so here we are.

Some are able to separate humans from their athletic counterparts, I struggle with that. I had a fun weekly hobby as a Browns fan and now that’s ruined, so now I’m just completely scorched earth mode.

• Like 4