The Week 7 Thread: (3-3) Washington Commanders at (1-5) New York Football Giants, 1 PM CBS / GIF Theme: Little Giants

MikeT14

Just now, IHatesnyder said:

Honestly start Jacoby because we will really find out if everything on the OL Eric B etc and to be honest Howell taken enough of hits man

this dude going get killed and I just can’t handle it 

They need to at least try to run the ball and run some screens to slow down the pass rush no matter who the QB is

Just now, IHatesnyder said:

Honestly start Jacoby because we will really find out if everything on the OL Eric B etc and to be honest Howell taken enough of hits man

I’m good iwith this. Go to Jacoby. We can still win this. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

BS. Total BS. Go look at Kirk’s stats at the end of 2013 & in the beginning of 2014.

Kirk had 3 int & 4 int games early in 2014 & an awful int vs Tennessee right before halftime which got him benched for Colt Mccoy.

And Kirk had the Shanahan’s, with Matt Lefleur as his QB coach in 2012 & 13. Then Jay Gruden & Sean McVay as his OC in 2014 & he still struggled.

QBs take time to develop and need to make mistakes & have the opportunity to learn from them. And time and again Howell has shown maturity and resiliency to bounce back after a rough half or rough game.

He had more TDs than INTs to start 2014. 

Howell has had one good game. And it really wasnt that good. He's just not good. He has repeatedly missed open recievers. He holds the ball too long. He doesnt make progressions quick enough.

Its fine. He wasnt meant to be the franchise guy. But pretending like he just needs more time is silly. Time to start planning for the future.

• Like 1

Just now, Vladimir L said:

Ron should just walk away

No, he should get fired. He's not going to walk away from $7 mil a year and neither would I or anyone. If he gets fired he gets the $ owed to him. It's why Shanahan waited to get fired instead of quitting too, same with Jah Gruden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

Thats a really good point. We need to be evaluating EB at this point. I dont know if he just cant scheme without a HoF QB or if Howell simply isnt executing.

Bieniemy will never be an HC if he can't call a more balanced game and fix this offense. The offense is all on him. Heck, he may never get a job as an OC again after this debacle of playcalling. Having a rookie QB throw the ball so much like he's Patrick Mahomes is just malpractice as a play-caller. 

Bieniemy will have to back to being a running backs coach. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Go for it. He’s even less mobile than Howell. Unless he makes Gates a better blocker it will be just as bad. 

• Like 1