It's Bye Week!

Beck Bristow

8 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Perine makes the most sense.  Fills a need, knows the system, and comes cheap.

And by Bye week, I mean I'm waving good bye for vacation in the islands.

That would be the obvious move, grab the guy who we didn't really replace. No idea if Denver would be interested but the Bengals aren't huge on in season trades, but I could see bringing someone back being the exception.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

That would be the obvious move, grab the guy who we didn't really replace. No idea if Denver would be interested but the Bengals aren't huge on in season trades, but I could see bringing someone back being the exception.

Denver is reeling.  The trade might just have to be a straight up pick, as they need more picks to rebuild and are still hamstrung by the Russell Wilson trade.  I also wonder if Perine would want out.  They offered him about the same money we did, but promised a larger role in the offense.  That never transpired.

Hunter Henry would be nice, but no idea what that would cost.

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Perine wouldn't cost much, probably something like our 6th for him and a Denver 7th the following year.

There have been several TEs listed in various places as available for trade. Also Gesicki in NE. 

I'm guessing most teams will be happy to get off of the cost, but will still try to get as much as they can for the players. I don't expect any of those players to cost a bunch, 6th or 7th round picks at most 

19 hours ago, theJ said:

being realistic here, we can't expect the Bengals would even give up a 7th round pick for any bottom of the roster player at the deadline.  

it's possible to be bad at trading.

The only guy that feels realistic to me is perine, since they are familiar with him.